PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help in choosing...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 2015, 09:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Help in choosing...

So I have read and read on here to try and figure out the best way to lower my Dream Cruiser and what brand springs/struts/ I should look for and what else is needed like a camber correction and so-on. I need help knowing exactly what I need and what to get. I see so many different things on his site it is too much! I want it lowered significantly but have always liked where the minimized gap around each tire is about equal all the way around, similar to the PT Convertible concept...

I know a lot of people have done different things, PLEASE anyone, especially those that have a stance similar to this, give me any information you can. Thanks!

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 09:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help in choosing...

Unfortunately one of the guys that has done a lot of research on this, is a the guy you already jumped on another thread yesterday. But make your peace and I'm sure he will help you out with some great info and choices on the subject. Be worth your while.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 15 Apr 2015, 02:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Unfortunately one of the guys that has done a lot of research on this, is a the guy you already jumped on another thread yesterday. But make your peace and I'm sure he will help you out with some great info and choices on the subject. Be worth your while.
Well poo, there was no intention of "jumping on" any individual person in the other post. My comments were toward the whole direction that things went when MULTIPLE people took things in a direction that just seemed unnecessary. The OP made a valid statement and seemed to want to know if it was just them who felt that way. When people start inferring the person can't drive and on and on, I mean, it just seemed so negative and insulting. My point for EVERYONE was that cars are fun, we are all here to have fun, and to maybe think about whether what you are about to post is supportive of others or unnecessarily tears them down. Maybe people have just gotten used to typing whatever comes to mind and not thinking about it as, "Is this what I would actually say to this person in a face to face conversation?" I dunno, I just try to stay positive and only comment when I have something to add, not something to remove from the experience. Sorry if it seemed like I was after one individual, lol, that is exactly what I was trying to say I don't feel is ok!!!

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 03:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
Well poo, there was no intention of "jumping on" any individual person in the other post. My comments were toward the whole direction that things went when MULTIPLE people took things in a direction that just seemed unnecessary. The OP made a valid statement and seemed to want to know if it was just them who felt that way. When people start inferring the person can't drive and on and on, I mean, it just seemed so negative and insulting. My point for EVERYONE was that cars are fun, we are all here to have fun, and to maybe think about whether what you are about to post is supportive of others or unnecessarily tears them down. Maybe people have just gotten used to typing whatever comes to mind and not thinking about it as, "Is this what I would actually say to this person in a face to face conversation?" I dunno, I just try to stay positive and only comment when I have something to add, not something to remove from the experience. Sorry if it seemed like I was after one individual, lol, that is exactly what I was trying to say I don't feel is ok!!!
Well I guess you can see what we intend and what it turns out to be isn't always what we thought. Looks like you may have ended up in a similar boat as you put them in. At any rate that would be one of my first stops on the subject you seek help on. He did a thread on the different springs offered from several companies a good while back.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 15 Apr 2015, 07:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Well I guess you can see what we intend and what it turns out to be isn't always what we thought. Looks like you may have ended up in a similar boat as you put them in. At any rate that would be one of my first stops on the subject you seek help on. He did a thread on the different springs offered from several companies a good while back.
Sssooo, who is "he"? Haha, there were a half dozen people on that thread.

Old 15 Apr 2015, 10:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

He is likely talking about NitroPT. use the search and search for SPINGS with his name as the thread starter. Not springs as he spelled it wrong and you won't find it.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 10:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well... I have a set of H&R shocks/struts & springs listed in the "For Sale" section if you are interested... might be what you are looking for! BDG
Old 15 Apr 2015, 11:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
He is likely talking about NitroPT. use the search and search for SPINGS with his name as the thread starter. Not springs as he spelled it wrong and you won't find it.
Title spelling error will be corrected tomorrow.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...nt-spings.html

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 15 Apr 2015, 11:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
Sssooo, who is "he"? Haha, there were a half dozen people on that thread.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 15 Apr 2015, 11:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
Cool, thanks.