PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wheel size and ride height changes: effects on ride and handling?

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Oct 2017, 07:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Wheel size and ride height changes: effects on ride and handling?

After further investigation we have decided, finally, that it is too much hassle and cost to get the OEM wheels refurbished after all. We have had a few disagreements about aftermarket wheel designs, e.g. SWMBO does not like all black, I don't like all silver, but finally both of us agreed on these babies, DBV Andorra:

Will look something like this on the car:

rcktpwrd, Carnut and Sinbad like this.
Old 29 Oct 2017, 07:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Uhh Nitro..... Can you please show me how you managed to fit a 8.5 Inch width rim on your PT without hitting the strut or the fender?

Also.... when you said the first inch of spring compression was softer. Did you take into account drop height of the spring. The free height should be the same, but the first inch is going to be softer on purpose to allow the suspension to compress under the weight of the car (progressive springs ). Did you take that into account or are you measuring this under loaded suspension on the vehicle?

05' N/A Automatic Red PT Mileage:121k (Died summer 2017)
Old 30 Oct 2017, 09:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Unit
Answering the first question. It was a type-O easy to see that...should have been 7.5. I am not going to edit and correct it as you have already commented about it. They fit fine and I I did once post pictures which are gone now. Maybe someone can fine them or has a copy. When I eventually return to my thread of my PT Projects again I am sure I will post "new" pictures.

To answer your second question first part, yes. Second part, well nice thought but I suggest to contact the spring companies and the you will understand better.

I suggest before you question members that have not only done things measured them and know what they are doing to do them your self as well to understand and have the same frame of information reference!

Last edited by NitroPT; 30 Oct 2017 at 03:23 pm. Reason: type o correction information/sorry for so late editing but I am at work