Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
wheel vintiques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2004, 02:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default wheel vintiques

Hello, I've read some earlier posts about wheel vintiques smoothie wheels having problems being out of round and with balancing issues. I don't know if this was a few years back or recently. Anyone with these wheels have these problems ? 16x6! Thanks, Patty
Old 09 Jul 2004, 09:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have thwe 15x6 and they are fine. No problems at all.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 10 Jul 2004, 01:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

My original set of 15 x 6s smoothies were out of round and they sent a second set that were fine. They back their product without any hassle. Bluewasp
Black 2003 5sp, airaid box, black & chrome smoothies, chrome bumpers, PTeaser retro mirrors, door spears, cups, head light covers, custom tail lights, custom grille, shorty ant., magnaflow exhaust system, lowered and sway bars.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 06:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to A.C.

One thing to keep in mind with the Wheel Vintiques is that they are Lug Centric and not Hub Centric. They will not balance right if the shop you go to is not equipped to balance the tire off of the Lug Holes. The Hub on the PT is 57.1mm while the Hub hole on the WV Smothies is around 60 mm. Most of the issues where from the fact that people where getting the tires balanced thru the Hub which will never work with that style of WV wheel.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 03:05 am
Cool Cruiser

Id love to get some of the Spoked wheels from them. Do they make them for FWD? I think that blue spokes would look awesome on my Electric Blue.
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 27 Jul 2004, 07:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Wheel Vintiques may still have spoked wheels for FWD that fit a PT Cruiser. I wouldn't recommend them however. Several vendors used to carry them, but there were so many problems with them that those vendors no longer carry them. You may also want to chack your state's vehicle code. The spoked rims usually require innertubes and in many states they are not legal.

Don aka Basset Hound

Old 27 Jul 2004, 11:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

wow, didnt know that
hmm maybe ill re think this
thanks for the info
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 28 Jul 2004, 08:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

some talk as who to buy smoothies from my 1st pick was wheel vintiques but i did not want to pay over 300 ea so i got them from [8)]revel enterprises.2ea 15x6 119.95ea 2ea16.6.5 134.95ea happy happy happy.iwas suprised suprised when ups guy says hears your new wheels from wheels vintiques.bottom line wheels vintiques wheels from revel at half price. makes for happy happy cruising.[8D][8)]
Old 28 Jul 2004, 08:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to A.C.

I got mine through Summit Racing for $57.OO each. But they do not carry them anymore.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 01:17 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I don't know who quoted you $300 each for Wheel Vintiques smoothies. The list price on them is $89 each.

Don aka Basset Hound