Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Noise from Left Wheel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2004, 06:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Noise from Left Wheel

I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow, but since they are closed on Sunday, I thought maybe someone here might know what is going on.

'02 PT base model, 17k miles. Mostly when turning with or without the break applied it sometimes makes a squeak or a moan and the noise comes from the left wheel well. It doesn't happen all the time, but it just started a few days ago. Usually happens when making a Left Turn, sometimes when going straight, haven't had it happen when making a right, but it may have.

Sound like anything to you? Could it be the springs going? I thought maybe the break pad needs replacing, but the fact that the noise is happening without it pressed makes me doubt.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 01:00 pm
Young Cruiser

I have had the upper strut mount bushing make a 'groan' type sound when turning on another (non-Cruiser car, which was helped by a dab of rubber-friendly grease shot through a plastic syringe.

Let us know what the dealer finds!
Brian[?]
\'03 5-speed S2 Dream Cruiser #1582 w/MP Stage 1 & BOV. Plastic Intake Manifold, rear Eibach springs and Supertrapp axle-back exhaust.
Crane 8.5mm FireWires & Champion Copper Plus plugs, K&N drop in filter. Chrome Plastic AMX TTAB pipe.
(Metro Detroit Area)