Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Buying at Sears?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2004, 08:14 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Buying at Sears?

I was just in Sears shopping for tools when I had to walk through the auto shop. They have a wide selection of tires (all brands) and wheels. I saw American racing and lots of others. Prices seem to be reasonable. Is Sears a good choice for Tires and Wheels, ? Would like others feddback. Gary
Old 22 Aug 2004, 09:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Nothing wrong with Sears. They can get just about any tire/tire size you want, like any tire store. I've seen the same tire distribution/delivery truck stop at Sears, Goodyear, Big O, American Tire, etc. So it appears they are getting tires from the same local source if it isn't in stock. Tire balancing is on par with local tire stores too. No complaints here.

Sears always advertises their:
Quote:
quote:We'll Match Any Price Plus...
If you find a lower price on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale at another local retail store, Sears will match that price plus give you 10% of the difference. Just tell your sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.
But if a tire store is located closer to you and has better pricing and/or selections, go there instead...I do.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 09:42 pm
Young Cruiser

. . . another advantage to Sears is alignment.
They offer a six month/6000 miles warranty on alignment.

And as for pricing, they meet competitors advertised price, plus discount additional 10% of the price difference. Have used this savings several times.
Dream Cruiser II #624
Staged . . Sprung . . Swayed . . Shifted . . Shaved . . . Shiny
Old 22 Aug 2004, 10:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I've used Sears in the past and had no problems with the. Now, since I live in a town with a super, owner operated, tire store, I go there because of their super service.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 23 Aug 2004, 12:10 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by turbomangt

I was just in Sears shopping for tools when I had to walk through the auto shop. They have a wide selection of tires (all brands) and wheels. I saw American racing and lots of others. Prices seem to be reasonable. Is Sears a good choice for Tires and Wheels, ? Would like others feddback. Gary
Gary,

The only problem I had with Sears, is that when I tried buying wider then stock tires, they wouldnt match the price from Tirerack, OR even install the tires if I bought from them, or from Tirerack.

These were Bridgestone Potenza Tires going on my Porsche 944 turbo, so they were about $200 a tire, and Sears was selling them for about $300/tire at the time, so maybe they just didnt want to cut that much off. But the manager told me the reason was that they were not aloud to install tire sizes other then stock, on the stock rims.

I would imagine though, if you bought bigger wheels, then they would put the correct size tires on, but I have not personaly bought rims there, so I do not know about that.

My dad almost always buys his tires at Sears, and he's never had problems with them. He has always gotten the road hazard warrenty, with the lifetime rotation and balance, and never once had any trouble getting a leak fixed, or the tires rotated. So in that reguard, its a great deal, and I'd say go for it, Especially if they match the prices on both the rims and/or tires for you!

Hope that helps!
Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre
Old 23 Aug 2004, 10:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I buy my Michelins from Sears, and get the road hazard warranty - free rotation, free flat fixing, and prorated replacement. You can go to any Sears and get a tire fixed.[?]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles