PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Air Bag Suspension

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2004, 02:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TaylorMade
Default Air Bag Suspension

Ive decided to go with an air bag suspension. Can anyone teel me where a good place would be to find a good cheap set?
Old 09 Oct 2004, 03:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

Yeah, i'd like to know of a "cheap" setup also. Somewhere under the usual $2300 setup.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 09 Oct 2004, 03:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

Airbagit.com has one for $1300. Is that gonna be the best cheap full kit? Theres gotta be one somewhere out there for less than a grand.
2001 limited edition midnight blue PT, 17\" enkei wheels, rear spoiler,silencers removed, k&n drop in filter,MX-5\'s 1-2 burp-free shift mod, 1 10\" subwoofer, and a Dynomax muffler. (Just a 17 year old who loves his car)
Old 09 Oct 2004, 07:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Nope. That's as cheap as it gets.
Old 09 Oct 2004, 10:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Unless you are absolutely hardcore for an airbag setup, I would go for a good set of springs and shocks. Tokico has a real good setup, very reliable and good performance. I found a set of new tokico shocks and springs for about $400 on E-bay. Are you sure you want to spend over a grand for airbags?
Old 10 Oct 2004, 12:39 am
Cool Cruiser

well, the cool factor of a bagged car over a lowered car is about 10 times the amount. Just think about it. Walk up to your car that is less than an inch of the ground, get in, it goes up, and you drive off. Vice versa for getting out. You dont have that when you get springs or struts
2001 limited edition midnight blue PT, 17\" enkei wheels, rear spoiler,silencers removed, k&n drop in filter,MX-5\'s 1-2 burp-free shift mod, 1 10\" subwoofer, and a Dynomax muffler. (Just a 17 year old who loves his car)
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:32 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Good points, but do you really want to spend a grand on the "cool factor"? Lower your car two inches, take it to your local winding road, and see what sort of "cool factor" you get then. Nothing cooler than being able to do twice the speed limit on a harsh curve.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 12:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

TaylorMade,
Lets face it people, our cruiser look much better cruising the straights rather than taking sharp corners. I have been running air suspension and you can't beat the adjustability that you can get. I would suggest going with air struts bags up front versus that of an air cylinder set up.. I can easily peace together a quality air ride system (not cheap)that will keep you under $2500.00. Here is a quick list of what you can go with:
1.) Easystreet front Air Struts #75507 $542.00
00-04 Neon front struts will work)
2.) Air Ride Tech rear cool ride set up $399.00
(includes new shocks)
3.) 2-way ride-pro air managemnet sytem $400.00
4.) Misc. parts (fittings, air line) $75.00
Total if done by you: $1416.00
Just shop around for the best prices on the parts you need and you can save some money on your system.. You can email me if you have any other ?'s at lovings8243@comcast.net
Old 10 Oct 2004, 02:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

For $2500, I would go on ahead, spend an extra $500, and get a supercharger. To be able to adjust your suspension is nice, but $2500 nice? I'd opt for a set of adjustable coilovers or shocks, that'll give you some of the adjustability you want at about half the price.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 02:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

thanks alot man. How does that combo compare to the system on airbagit.com? Im also using ebay to shop around, but i dont know enough about air suspensions yet to be able to piece together a good, compatible one