Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What is the best comfort setting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2004, 04:04 am
Cool Cruiser

Default What is the best comfort setting?

I want to make my 01 PT LE have better ride quality. I think the suspension parts have been worn. Noise and rattling are everywhere and handling is getting worst and worst.

I don't want to lower the car cause I have so provious bad exp. with lowering spring and this is not my sports car so I have no need to make it corner.

What should I replace.....my plan is 1st replace all the bushing 2nd check all the loss bolts and nuts and 3rd just replace the struts and shocks(which brand should I get?)

any ideas?
Old 17 Oct 2004, 08:55 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to StOnEwHitePt

AIR RIDE SUSPENSION[:X]
2002 PT Cruiser Touring Edit.(Stone White)(148.2 DB) --Rear match Tinted front windows, 20\"+18\" Limited 800 rims+ Toyo proxes 4 tires;\'20\"\'Chrome DUB badges to clarify, 6000k Polarion HID kit, silverstar foglight bulbs, Carriage Works polished Billet grille, Mopar Chrome fuel door, APC Euro tails + clear reverse lenses+ strobes, headlight strobes, Streetglow G.S UB kit, Ps2,2 Clarion 5.8\" headrest monitors, navigation system, 2 12\" Infinity subs with 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp/custom box., and a Shorty antenna + Chrome base.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 12:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Not knowing what type and how many miles you've driven, I'll take a shot
The normal 'ride & handling related' wear items are the struts & shocks, the rear bellcrank bushing, the tires (duh and the suspension bushings. If you're ready to replace things due to age, go ahead and see if they bring your PT back up to snuff.
The title of this thread leads me to believe that you're interested in regaining your original ride dynamics, so the OEM parts would be your safest bet.

Brian
\'03 5-speed S2 Dream Cruiser #1582 w/MP Stage 1 & BOV. Plastic Intake Manifold, rear Eibach springs and Supertrapp axle-back exhaust.
Crane 8.5mm FireWires & Champion Copper Plus plugs, K&N drop in filter. Chrome Plastic AMX TTAB pipe.
(Metro Detroit Area)