Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Thinking of wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2004, 08:45 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Thinking of wheels

I will admit that I do like the look of my stock GT wheels. although I'm getting the "Itch" to keep those for winter and get summer wheels. I love the Coddington wheels, (smoothie) but the price for the GT (due to the off set) is about $500 more for the set. I have also seen nice wheels at Sears. One thing I like about the smoothie's is it gives it a "deep dish" like. kind of like a Hot Rod. If anyone can post pics of some hot wheels, let me know, my eyes are looking. Gary
Old 13 Oct 2004, 01:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Am in luv with this wheels, Boyd's wheels - Smoothie (it looks damn good)

How much are they and where can i get them from

Old 13 Oct 2004, 03:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Gary, those are sweet, but couldn't you sell your stock chrome rims and put on some old painted ones for winter, then put the cash into the Boyds? Then too if you put a couple of advertisements on the car the whole 'investment' is a write-off "see your tax adviser for details, some assembly required, not valid in all states"!!!! With all the paint mods your going to do these wheels would be great.[:I]
BTW, I like the flames on the pictures junkno posted, do you think they are paint or stick ons?

PSS, Boyd Coddington was my neighbor for a long time and when we would go for walks in the evening we would stop and admire some of the cars he would bring home. 'ZZ Top' must still have standing orders!! [?] [|)]
Old 14 Oct 2004, 08:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

Painted. He posted about them a while back when he got them done. I had same idea, but he beat me to it!
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer