Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
got my Energy Suspension Hyper flex kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Nov 2004, 04:13 am
Cool Cruiser

Default got my Energy Suspension Hyper flex kit

well I got the red complete kit for $108 total it has 8 bags of red hard bushing. Now the problem is that I'm very worry about installation. I don't have time to do it since now I work full time and more but don't know if any shop would help me install it properly. it seems like a hard job to do not easy at all

anyone got any idea how long and hard to install this kit?
Old 17 Nov 2004, 12:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

took me a couple of days, probably something like 12 hours straight through.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 03:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

A shop would cost you big bucks to go through all of the bushings. Best just to try to do a little at a time.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 19 Nov 2004, 03:47 am
Cool Cruiser

I think maybe I'll do it one by one weekend bases

The TWO MAJOR WORRIES I have is that pressing the bushing in some of the part and I don't have the power tools to unbolt those tight bolts. If anyone had any experiences with the installation please common.

Also I'm thinking about getting an electrical impact wrench for suspension work do you think it's enough?
Old 19 Nov 2004, 10:17 am
Cool Cruiser

i removed all of the bolts by hand.
i used an 18" long breaker bar and if i need to i can slip my jack handle on it for even more leverage.
i tightened all of the bolts with a torque wrench to the specified rating from the service manual.
Old 19 Nov 2004, 06:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RallyDRock

i removed all of the bolts by hand.
i used an 18" long breaker bar and if i need to i can slip my jack handle on it for even more leverage.
i tightened all of the bolts with a torque wrench to the specified rating from the service manual.
even the bolts holding the front control arms?

Did you have any problem pressing in the bushings for the control arms.

Also did you have any problem with the sway bars
Old 21 Nov 2004, 02:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

the sway bars are easy but do them last cause youd just have to take them off to do the control arms. no impact for me. have to rebuild/replace my gun because i was dumb and never oiled it, live and learn.
Pressed the bushings in by hand, didnt have a press at the time but even an arbor press would do the trick. Having some sort of press would definitely speed the job up.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 11:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

You shouldn't need an impact wrench. The largest torque on the suspension is only 185 ft/lbs (Lower Control Arm Rear Pivot Bolt)

I've already done all my sway bars. The rears take a while, but after you've done them it's no big deal to remove and replace both the front and rear if you can't get to everything in one day.

The Chrysler Service Manual *IS* your friend for this operation.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 02:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by android

You shouldn't need an impact wrench. The largest torque on the suspension is only 185 ft/lbs (Lower Control Arm Rear Pivot Bolt)

I've already done all my sway bars. The rears take a while, but after you've done them it's no big deal to remove and replace both the front and rear if you can't get to everything in one day.

The Chrysler Service Manual *IS* your friend for this operation.
thanks guys for the inputs I bought a impact wrench and press already and hopefully I can figure this thing out I do have the manual. I just don't want to pay people hundreds of $ to do thiings I can do on my own...
Old 31 Dec 2004, 02:08 am
Cool Cruiser

ok an update

I tried to do it myself but those nuts and bolt seems way too much for me to handle so I had someone to do it for me. but even my mech friend say it would be a paint in the ass to do all of them even with the right tools so all he would help me to do is the friend. as for the back yet another day