PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Finally Energy Suspension kit installed+result

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2005, 02:04 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Finally Energy Suspension kit installed+result

Hi people I finally found the right guy to install this kit for me. At 1st he said he would only install the front control arm bushing because it seems bad and noise is coming out from those things but he saw+heard that the rear sway bar bushings are bad to so he pretty much completely installed all 30+ pieces of Susp tech Poly-bushing on the car for me since he was on the job and was going to remove alot of the stuff. There are only 2 bushing left that he said he didn't have time to finish and they seem OK. One is the Watt link bushings and the other is those 2 big bushing for the rear axle which I too inspected and seems OK and don't mind if it not install. Total labor was $250 and he told me it took him about a day. I'm pretty happy with that rate. The thing I really like is that he saw something thats not right and he fix it for me all at once and replace everything that he could along the way. All I wanted is to replace any bad bushing and stop all the clicking noise and he help me replace everything.

part and labor total $350

Here's what I think after the new bushing got installed. my car has 65K miles

The 1st time ur car moves you'll feel the difference. Ride quality is much better. The car sits a little higher cause the sway bars areworking much more efficient again. It eliminated the bouncy feel of the car and now it feel much more sporty than before. I still Have the old struts and shocks springs on and it feel more stiff. Over all handling got alot more crisp. Ride comfort is alot better even with these harder bushing for some reason. You can hear alot more of the tire noise on bumpy roads but u won't feel it as much on your butt as before.

I think if you're not happy with your suspension feel now or have bushing problem this kit is the 1st thing you should try to install. I'm 200% happier with the car handling feel with 90% of the bushing replace already and best of all no more noise. It still not going to feel like or handle like a Impreza or BMW but this is not a car for corners and for $350 this is well worth it for a upgrade and a repair.

Also if you hear something from the back it could be ur sway bar bushings are bad and if you don't replace it ASAP it may ruin ur sway bar.

Anyway I'm one happy PT cruiser owner today

O and if you need to install this kit and you're in the NY area I know the perfect guy to do the job right. for $250 you can't beat it Call him at (917)803-9511
Old 02 Jan 2005, 12:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ctown
O and if you need to install this kit and you're in the NY area I know the perfect guy to do the job right. for $250 you can't beat it Call him at (917)803-9511
Where? I could drive in, bus home, bus in & drive home, depending on where....[:I]
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 Jan 2005, 01:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TaylorMade

I hear that noise, and i always thought that it was just the rustyness/oldness of my springs. I didnt think it sounded like the bushings were messed up. I guess ill give them a try
2001 limited edition midnight blue PT, 17\" enkei wheels, rear spoiler,silencers removed, k&n drop in filter,MX-5\'s 1-2 burp-free shift mod, 1 10\" subwoofer, and a Dynomax muffler. (Just a 17 year old who loves his car)
Old 02 Jan 2005, 02:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ctown
Where? I could drive in, bus home, bus in & drive home, depending on where....[:I]
Well the guy lives in Brooklyn around Avenue P + Ocean Pkway. If you take the Belt Parkway it very easy to locate. I hope he still want to cause he was telling me how hard it was[:I] but I'm 100% happy with the cas feel now even with these old shocks and springs. Thebushing kit is amazing
Old 02 Jan 2005, 02:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TaylorMade

I hear that noise, and i always thought that it was just the rustyness/oldness of my springs. I didnt think it sounded like the bushings were messed up. I guess ill give them a try
It's a knocking noise coming out from the wheel wells in front and the same noise from the back wheel well area when going over bumpy roads.