PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Thinking about 18" X 8.5"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2005, 02:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to InfernoPT
Default Thinking about 18" X 8.5"

So, does anyone have these on the PT. What do you think? What tire size would fill an 8.5 wide wheel?
Size: 18x8.5

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3mm and 5x100mm

Offset: +35mm FWD
They should fit with no problems right?

What do you think? Anyone have experience with ENZO as a manufacturer?

Thanks,
InfernoPT
Old 17 Mar 2005, 06:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

I've got 18X7.5 wheels with a +45 offset (not the ones in the sig). They fit fine. I'm kind of suprised by the number of "what tires fit" and "Will these wheels fit" questions, but there are local dealers here who will help with this process. Even a good chain store like Discount Tire will have a lot of experience with what works, and can test fit a wheel for you. I like those wheels, but don't know anything about ENZO. Do a bunch of searches to see if the name pops up on forums with feedback.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 17 Mar 2005, 08:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by purple04

I've got 18X7.5 wheels with a +45 offset (not the ones in the sig). They fit fine. I'm kind of suprised by the number of "what tires fit" and "Will these wheels fit" questions, but there are local dealers here who will help with this process. Even a good chain store like Discount Tire will have a lot of experience with what works, and can test fit a wheel for you. I like those wheels, but don't know anything about ENZO. Do a bunch of searches to see if the name pops up on forums with feedback.
Thanks, not really asking if they will fit as much as I am asking about the manufacturer. I think the wheels look good. The problem is Discount does not sell Enzo, and I found these from a local Ebayer, so don;t know for sure what they will look like. I think they will be OK.

Thanks for the tip to look on the forums.
Good tip, now I know for sure they are a 35MM offset.

InfernoPT
Old 18 Mar 2005, 10:33 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

i have that size with the same offset. it fits fine with no rubbing. my car has a manual transmission and i beleive that offers a tad more clearance for maximum turning. i run a 225 right now but a wider tire would offer some protection from curbs.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 11:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RallyDRock

i have that size with the same offset. it fits fine with no rubbing. my car has a manual transmission and i beleive that offers a tad more clearance for maximum turning. i run a 225 right now but a wider tire would offer some protection from curbs.
Those wheels look sweet. Are you lowered? I wish I could run graphite colored wheels, but with Inferno Red they look bad to me.
Thanks for the info,

InfernoPT
Old 18 Mar 2005, 01:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

I also believe that the gun metal black looks really sharp on a silver Cruiser, but then again, I am a bit partial to the silver....
BigPhil

Old 18 Mar 2005, 04:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

look'n real sharp phil. after seeing your ride i am more motivated to put my fascia and roll pan on.

oh and back to the topic, yes i am lowered on good for the price ($89) dropzone springs that after four years have sagged, they will be switched out next week for eibachs.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 08:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Those are pretty sweet rims and if you go 8.5" wide you can get a 245/40 on that and be within the tire specs and! I have seen pictures a few cruisers running that wide! It's bigger than stock in diameter though and the 235/40 is a closer match.
Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.