Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Otto Racing Springs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Apr 2005, 01:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Otto Racing Springs

I have been looking into suspension again, and I have a question for anyone that might know more about this then me. It apears that Otto Racing springs, are Goldline Springs re-badged? Or possible the other way around? At any rate, I saw on several websites that Otto Racing and Goldline springs are one in the same. Is this true? I ask becuase the Otto Racing springs are about half the price of the Goldlines.

Let me know if anyone has any information on this at all.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 03 Apr 2005, 05:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

No one has any info? [:I]

I guess my next question would be - Does anyone have Otto Racing springs on their PT Cruiser, or any other cars? These springs are all over ebay, and at a very good price, for having "Lifetime warrenty" They have the same warrenty as the Goldlines also - stating they will never sag, and if they do, you'll get them replaced. Seems like a steal, since the Goldlines price apeared to have gone up. Last year about this time, I could get a set of Goldline Slammers for $110 shipped, now I am looking at about $175+ was the cheapest I saw them, plus shipping. Oh-well, I guess I should have bought them when I found them last year! [xx(]

Thanks,
Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre
Old 04 Apr 2005, 11:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

I've seen many posts regarding the Goldline springs. The reviews all tended to be positive as far as results and quality were concerned. I don't recall any mention of Otto Racing, though.

You may have found some info that's new to us on the forums. Can you post some links or addresses for us. Lowering springs are a popular mod and I'm sure there will be a high degree of intrest.
Old 05 Apr 2005, 03:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

I don't know if Otto and Goldline are the same: however, I have the Goldlines and am very happy with them. If you find they are the same and cheaper then I highly recommend you go with them.
Black 2003 5sp, airaid box, black & chrome smoothies, chrome bumpers, PTeaser retro mirrors, door spears, cups, head light covers, custom tail lights, custom grille, shorty ant., magnaflow exhaust system, lowered and sway bars.
Old 05 Apr 2005, 12:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 2step

I've seen many posts regarding the Goldline springs. The reviews all tended to be positive as far as results and quality were concerned. I don't recall any mention of Otto Racing, though.

You may have found some info that's new to us on the forums. Can you post some links or addresses for us. Lowering springs are a popular mod and I'm sure there will be a high degree of intrest.
What the website said was, Otto Racing Springs, Tuned by Goldline. So I am not sure what exactly that means. I see that the Procarparts.com no longer have the PT Cruiser springs on the website, but here is a quote for the springs for a Stratus:

"OTTO RACING SPRING (TUNED BY GOLD LINE) EXCLUSIVE NO SAG GUARANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS, ENGINEERED APPLICATION SPECIFIC."

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bluewasp
I don't know if Otto and Goldline are the same: however, I have the Goldlines and am very happy with them. If you find they are the same and cheaper then I highly recommend you go with them.
I have heard nothing but praise about the Goldline springs, but money is tight, and if I want to get new shocks right away, the lower the spring cost is, the better for me. But I also dont want to buy these, and find out they arent the same quality as goldline.

Has anyone delt with CaliforniaCruisers before? I am trying to find out prices for the Goldlines on their website, but they wont return my emails.

Thanks,
Matt

Past Mopars:
Old 06 Apr 2005, 11:58 am
Senior Cruiser

I tried to Yahoo search, google search, and Froogle search "Otto Racing Springs" and all I got was the Pro Car Parts link and references to coilover spring kits. You are right about the Cruiser springs not being there anymore.

http://www.procarparts.com/store-subcat.asp?id=57

Note the last line of the third paragraph. It states that the "Otto" springs are imprinted with "Gold-Line". They must be the same thing.

Good find, by the way. It can be good to know who the real makers are. So many items are re-labled or re-branded.

Edit Added: Just found this "for 2000 and up"
http://www.procarparts.com/store-lis...0&cat=6&sub=49

Old 06 Apr 2005, 12:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Stay away from California Cruisers. You are experiencing the first of their great service (no answers from them). Other great service is faulty parts, forever to ship, forever to answer, etc. I believe they have been brought up before on this Forum. Do a search and you'll wonder why they are in business from all the bad press they get.
Old 06 Apr 2005, 04:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 2step

I tried to Yahoo search, google search, and Froogle search "Otto Racing Springs" and all I got was the Pro Car Parts link and references to coilover spring kits. You are right about the Cruiser springs not being there anymore.

http://www.procarparts.com/store-subcat.asp?id=57

Note the last line of the third paragraph. It states that the "Otto" springs are imprinted with "Gold-Line". They must be the same thing.

Good find, by the way. It can be good to know who the real makers are. So many items are re-labled or re-branded.

Edit Added: Just found this "for 2000 and up"
http://www.procarparts.com/store-lis...cat=6#8834;=49
2step -

The same Otto Racing Springs are also on Ebay right now, for $95+$40 shipping. So that sounds like the best deal on them. Everything sounds like they are in check to be genuine Goldline springs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad
Stay away from California Cruisers. You are experiencing the first of their great service (no answers from them). Other great service is faulty parts, forever to ship, forever to answer, etc. I believe they have been brought up before on this Forum. Do a search and you'll wonder why they are in business from all the bad press they get.
Yea - I was starting to wonder about their business practices. I am glad I never got around to ordering anything from them. I dont really understand how businesses can stay around when they cant even manage to answer a simple question for a potential customer, or even ship the parts in a timely fasion to their customers... Just terrible

Matt

Past Mopars: