2003 Dream Cruiser - Parts or repair - LA area

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2015, 04:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2003 Dream Cruiser - Parts or repair - LA area

Hi All,

Right or wrong I gave my 2003 Dream Cruiser Series 2 to my son to drive out to California a few years ago. It's been a good car for him, but has run into some problems recently and I'd rather find him an older pickup. I'm only posting this because I'm into restoring old cars and I hate to hear about the car that I could have used but was crushed or used as a lot car, etc. Hoping someone out there could find this useful.

I saw the car back in January and it was still quite solid at that point. As far as the issues it's having; The tires all leak as most of them did. One of the rims had been welded after he hit one of LA's finest potholes. The multifunction lever is broken and causes the fog lights to stay on killing the battery. There is a dent at the lower left corner of the tailgate. There is a dent at the front edge of the hood. I think the grille still looked great. The front bumper cover was damaged and pulled off when it was just towed. The doors still looked great. The glass is all good including the sunroof. As far as I know all the power functions still worked well. The interior still looked quite intact with the only real wear showing on the driver's seat and the carpet. It's that beautiful black and orange interior. I don't know what the issue with the engine is. He said he was getting on the highway and the engine lost power, the check engine light came on and it quit. I'm just going to assume that the motor is cooked. If not, it's a bonus. about 153k.

If the car were here in NY, I would be repairing it and driving it. Not even sure what value someone would see in it, but if interested drop me a line.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT Side.jpg (100.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg PT Front.jpg (94.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg PT Rear.jpg (76.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg PT Hatch Dent.JPG (26.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg PT Front Seats.jpg (86.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg PT Rear Wheel.jpg (94.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg PT Radio.jpg (88.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg PT Pass Dash.jpg (85.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg PT Dash.jpg (90.8 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by frameman; 06 Sep 2015 at 06:42 pm. Reason: Add Pics
Old 01 Sep 2015, 06:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2003 Dream Cruiser - Parts or repair - LA area

Quote:
Originally Posted by frameman View Post
Hi All,

Right or wrong I gave my 2003 Dream Cruiser Series 2 to my son to drive out to California a few years ago. It's been a good car for him, but has run into some problems recently and I'd rather find him an older pickup. I'm only posting this because I'm into restoring old cars and I hate to hear about the car that I could have used but was crushed or used as a lot car, etc. Hoping someone out there could find this useful.

I saw the car back in January and it was still quite solid at that point. As far as the issues it's having; The tires all leak as most of them did. One of the rims had been welded after he hit one of LA's finest potholes. There is a dent at the lower left corner of the tailgate. There is a dent at the front edge of the hood. I think the grille still looked great. The front bumper cover was damaged and pulled off when it was just towed. The doors still looked great. The glass is all good including the sunroof. As far as I know all the power functions still worked well. The interior still looked quite intact with the only real wear showing on the driver's seat and the carpet. It's that beautiful black and orange interior. I don't know what the issue with the engine is. He said he was getting on the highway and the engine lost power, the check engine light came on and it quit. I'm just going to assume that the motor is cooked. If not, it's a bonus.

If the car were here in NY, I would be repairing it and driving it. Not even sure what value someone would see in it, but if interested drop me a line. I will try to get some pics soon.

Thanks
Ok is it a automatic or stick? Milage? I'm thinking it's the timing bet broke. Value in an area like that. Not that much. Not that many people can fix themselves and cost in a shop high. But if a 5 speed. Chances it will find an a owner is better.
767skyking likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 01 Sep 2015, 08:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I appreciate your reply. Yes, it's a stick.
Old 02 Sep 2015, 04:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Damn, I'd be all over that if it weren't so far away.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

How much for the pcm shipped to 65802?

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 12:09 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

Man... Makes me wish I lived on the other side of the US. I wound sell my current PT and fix this up and love it for a lifetime! 03 Dream and a Stick! Perfect!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 22 Sep 2015, 01:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I priced shipping one a while back from LA to Houston the freight was $450.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 04:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hi, are the center caps on the wheels still available? If so, how much for all four, shipped to 13669?

Tags
dream cruiser series 2