Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stock Exhaust needed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2005, 01:03 am
Cool Cruiser

If it does not work out with him, I should have mine out right after the memorial weekend. Going fishing on Friday!!!! WOOHOO!!!
Old 25 May 2005, 08:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by redhotpt

Mine ain't a turbo so I'm not sure if the exhaust will fit or not. Seems someone told me the n/a PTs had a 2 inch exhaust and turbos were 2 1/2 inch. I'm not sure about this. Oh, and thinks for the compliment.
All stock PT exhausts are 2.25 (2 1/4) inches. Turbo and N/A.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 May 2005, 11:29 am
Cool Cruiser

I would try replacing the muffler. The 2.5 stainless pipes and resonator should be fine. I've heard bad things about the Magnaflow system, and you have the same muffler.

You should be benefitting from the increased flow with a turbo. Sometimes the seat of the pants feel is misleading. It may be that you lost some low end TQ while high RPM power improved.

HP exhausts are a crap shoot. Don't ask my wife about what I did to her Honda Civic (super loud).[xx(]
Old 25 May 2005, 08:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz

Thanks everyone for your inputs. [?]

Enjpy the ride!!!
Old 25 May 2005, 08:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

R3dWhitNCrz....
If you can pick up a freebe or if your "freebe guy" can ship it to you cheap, that would be the way for you to go.

I'm more interested in getting it out of my attic than in making any big bucks. I'm happy to help out another Cruiser dude. I've no idea what it could cost to ship but I do know that it will take a box that's twice as big as the after market system that I have came in, because it has longer pieces. I could take it down to the local "Pack & Send" for them to box up and ship. I would guess more than $50, less than $75??

By the way, It's the Turbo version with the cool stainless tip. Fire off a rocket if you still want it.
Old 25 May 2005, 11:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by R3dWhitNCrz

Redhot, mine is originally a N/A PT, I added the turbo. I just changed the exhaust after nearly a year of driving stock exhaust with turbo...it was great and I thought the larger pipes would enhance performance much more then it may have. I did not dyno the car before the exhaust just after. So I don't know if performance increased or went the other way. I still may have to drive down to see you after all. I;ll contact you if that turns out to be the case. I believe that all the stock pipes are 2.25 on the N/A PTs. I may be wrong but I don't think so. Where did you get the flame job? Looks nice in the photo, are they flip-flop type? Changing colors as you pass. Has that look to me, again great PT.
A local guy did the flames. I "borrowed" the design from bassethound's PT. We went with the changeable silver to gold vinyl. Wanted painted on flames but couldn't afford the paint. These only cost me $350.
Old 27 May 2005, 12:16 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks to everyone who has given their opinion and ideas, also their old spare parts. I'm trying to figure out all my options. I'll contact you if I go with your old exhaust (gr8tflpt, redhotpt, 2step). [^]
Old 28 May 2005, 05:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Hot Wheels

I bought an almost new replacement GT exhaust off of eBay for $50 - both catback pipe and stock muffler - and the original shipping quote was $80. I told the guy to put a scribe mark on the catback pipe and saw it in half. Shipping dropped to $23. I had my local muffler shop weld it back together using the scribe mark to align the pipes for $10. I replaced my flowmaster w/resonator exhaust because of the drone. I had forgotten how much harder it pulls through all of the gears with the stock exhaust.
Old 28 May 2005, 05:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hot Wheels....I like how you think "outside the box". So we can cut this puppy and fit it inside the box. [^]
Old 28 May 2005, 10:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

2 Step; Sounds good to me! How much to ship to MD, 20601? Give me a quote so we can be prepared to ship if needed. Hot Wheels, great idea![?]