Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Feedback and Support

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Please help tried everything headlights will not work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2013, 10:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Please help tried everything headlights will not work

I have 04 turbo headlights suddenly stopped working along with the remote locks I replaced headlight switch and after installed hazards quit working if Anyone can help it will be appreciated.
Old 06 Apr 2013, 01:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Please help tried everything headlights will not work

Hopefully you can remove battery cable for 5 minutes, which causes a reset of computer.

Step on brake pedal for thirty seconds while cable is off. This gets rid of any residual power in system.

P.s. let us know if this fixes it.
1998 Dolphin 36' motor home
1949 Piper Clipper taildragger
Old 08 Apr 2013, 08:18 am
Senior Cruiser

Yes, try the battery disconnect/reset. Also when you replaced the Multi-function switch, did you remove the flasher module from the old switch and plug it into the new one? Is the door remote working again and is there any other funny business with the electricals?
Old 08 Apr 2013, 02:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I did put the flasher relay from the old switch back in the new one but same thing happened. No headlights,dash lights,or keyless entry. I do hear a clicking sound when I push the remote lock in the center of the dash... Any ideas I'm stumped
Old 09 Apr 2013, 12:00 am
Veteran Cruiser

Check fuse # 1 (25 amp) in the under-hood PDC. It protects all of your troubled circuits through the dash panel fuses # 1, 2, 3. One or more of these fuses may be bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twink79 View Post
I did put the flasher relay from the old switch back in the new one but same thing happened. No headlights,dash lights,or keyless entry. I do hear a clicking sound when I push the remote lock in the center of the dash... Any ideas I'm stumped
Old 09 Apr 2013, 10:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by twink79 View Post
Wow...well I sorta had a similar problem. Last year a dude rear-ended my pt and i had to have the entire rear hatch replaced. The hatch was off of a used PT, that the insurance company selected for replacement. Anyway...last friday, my hatch wouldn't close all the way, well wasn't flush w/the rest of the vehicle. So, I took it to the body shop that did the work on my ride and they took off the rear panel to fix the locking mechanism. After they fixed it, immediately after that, my remote key wouldnt lock my doors. Also, the buttons in my car, on each door, wouldnt lock the doors either. My alarm worked, but they would not engage the locks in my doors. So, I let the techs know this they said that there was nothing that they touched that would cause this prob. So, I went to my mech today and he found that the fuse was blown (fuse related to the locking mech in my doors). He replaced it twice and immediately both were blown. He then took off the rear panel of the hatch, found some rusting by the handle, lubricated the area, disconnected the battery, and installed a new fuse. He believes that the hatch that is installed is possibly faulty, maybe the motor is not grounded. He can't pinpoint it but was able to get it working. At the moment, it is working, but if it stops, I'm going to see if the insurance will pay to have the mechanism, causing my fuses to blow, to be replaced.

My lights (inside and out) were not affected, except for my rear lights when I pressed my remote key (lock) to engage the alarm. Just my locking mechanism in my doors. I also would hear this clicking sound you are referring to when I would try to press my buttons. It was trying to lock but the doors wouldn't engage. Maybe you have a blown fuse somewhere? Did your new installations overload anything and cause a blown fuse?

Just throwing ideas out there, seeing as we both are having electrical issues. Keep us posted

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 30 May 2013, 05:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

I had the exact problem, and this is what it took to fix (found during a search). Only difference I had no blown fuses, just an overloaded wire.
You can access the grey plug from under the dash behind the fuse block.

nanc61's
Default Re: my door locks,head lights and tail lights don't work.

Here's my story...
Headlights, running lights & door locks would not work in my 02 PT Limited Edition!!!
Traced it to a "red wire with a white strip" connected to the "grey block #26" behind the fuse panel under the dash!
This is how we fixed our issue...
Cut both ends of the red/white wire from block #26
Solder new heavy gauge wire to red/white wire to bypass the block & hope that fuse will blow next time. Let's hope there will not be a next time though
**Hubby strongly suggest not to use butt connectors**
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 16 Jul 2013, 03:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

02 touring
I had the same problem and the same solution. You definitely want to hard wire the jump most other "quick connectors" will simply overload and burn out.
now I have a wire next to it that seems to be overloaded too (scorch marks) I think it runs to the cooling fan system.
any on know if the cooling system circuit runs through this block?

Tags
electrical