Advertisements
Washer fluid

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2002, 02:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ssbandit19
Default Washer fluid

Is it just me or my dealer? My Cruiser has about 4000 miles on it and here in Pa. we've been in a "drought" forever. My question is, I've only washed my car 3 or 4 times because of the "Drought" and I can't get the marks from the washer fluid off. The dealer buffed them out when my 3000 mi oil change took place but I'll run out of paint if they keep doing that?!! Should I get a special fluid or is this something Chrysler "invented" for body shop job security. I'm using Meguiars car wash so I don't think that's it?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 27 Sep 2002, 03:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

This happened to a lot of the pre July 2000 build PT's - ours being one of them. I had the Chrysler paint person for our area inspect our car last Wednesday for the problem you're talking about - I now have approval for a hood respray under warranty.

The word in the early days was: Early build washer nozzles were dodgy and tended to leak washer fluid. When the washer reservoir bottles are pressed, a chemical is used to stop them sticking to the mold. This chemical is never rinsed out of the reservoir bottle. The result, leaky washer nozzles mean reservoir fluid with chemical residue leaking, as well and causing damage to the paint.

We have a cloudy mark around the washer nozzle and there is a definate line in the clear coat from where the fluid has run down the hood.

All the paperwork has been done by Chrysler - they are just waiting for me to hand the car over to get it fixed.

Crusin in the coolest car in the world...
Closed Thread