Advertisements
Front strut issue

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2002, 12:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Front strut issue

Hi All,

You guys are the best when it comes to good advice. Like everyone else, I want to close up some of that fender gap in the wheel wells. I want to do it without lowering the body or creating a "rake" look in the front. I really would like to keep the stock stance, but add more beef to the tires and rims. My stock rims/tires just look too small for a tall car. I guess Chrysler has a reason not to change their stut design(?). After-market solution is kind of expensive. Does anyone know if the new "coil over" struts will allow a larger rim and wider tire? The pictures I've seen look like they would allow more rim and rubber. I look forward to any suggestions.

Old 19 Oct 2002, 06:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hi

I have not seen any coil over kits or A and K member kits for the Cruiser. However that is a pretty radical and expensive approach to take. However, to answer your question as best as I can, yes that is the general idea of a new K member with A arms and coil over springs. You should get better clearance and a better handling chasis through a more aggresive front end geometry as well as lighter weight on your front end.

Closed Thread