Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Antenna got stollen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Feb 2009, 11:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to mantaphotography Send a message via Skype™ to mantaphotography
Exclamation Antenna got stollen

Hello to all member.

My name is prima from the island of Bali. I got a 2002 pt cruiser for about a month now. I got my antenna stollen when I parked my car on the side of the road. I own a radio station so I must monitor my radio everyday but without the antenna there is no radio in my pt. How do I remove the antenna and is it possible to get an original replacement for the antenna?

Thank's and Regards

Prima
Old 19 Feb 2009, 07:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Antenna got stollen

Prima, welcome to the forum.

Your say they stole your antenna. Did they just unscrew the old one? If so, any replacement antenna will just screw right back on. Did they break it off at some point, only leaving the base?

There's a lock nut on the base of the antenna with three notches on it. First thing to do is put some masking tape around the whole base of what's left of the antenna to prevent scratching the paint. A small screwdriver placed into one of the notches and hit lightly with a small hammer so the lock nut turns counter-clockwise will start the lock nut turning. Once it's moved just a small bit (1/4 turn), it should unscrews the rest of the way by hand. Be careful not to drop the rest of the antenna into the fender hole.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 11:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to mantaphotography Send a message via Skype™ to mantaphotography

It's just the chrome thing that can be pulled out or push in. I've open the antenna bezel and pull out the antenna but I could not get the parts here. Any suggestions?

Thank's & regards

Prima
Old 19 Feb 2009, 12:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here in the U.S.A. the PT Cruisers don't have retractable antennas. Just one long rod that screws into the base. Sorry, I'm not sure where to tell you to get another retractable replacement. They do make the cruiser almost all over the world so check around the Indonesian islands for one. If not your best bet is to find one in Australia.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 01:37 pm
Young Cruiser

In England they go in and out. You can get on at any UK Dealer. Not a problem. Andy
Old 19 Feb 2009, 01:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thanks Andy. I mentioned Australia because it's a lot closer than Europe or England to Bali but if there's an aftermarket or dealer that will ship to Indonesia then I'm sure Prima will take it.
Old 20 Feb 2009, 10:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Alright thank's guys. I've had enough searching for a replacement I think I'll just remove it and and get another kind of antenna.

Thank's