Default Re: Just bought 2005 Dream Cruiser

Old 12 Sep 2010, 04:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have # 0761 in Salem Wisconsin!
Old 11 Mar 2012, 08:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I just bought number 483 in Brooklyn, NY.

The car looked incredible in the pictures but it is full of scratches and the paint has micro scratches in the rear deck. The interior leather has quite a few scuffs. It only has 38000 miles so its amazing its in this poor of a shape. The previous owner had no idea what he had and his wife and kids destroyed the interior. The auto stick shifter bezel is cracked with a piece missing and the rear window switch plate on the console is missing. I can't even see the wires, hopefully they weren't cut out. The hood prop rod is bent into an S shape. Obviously they tried to close the hood while the prop rod was in the up position.

It's cleaned up pretty well but the entire car will need to be repainted to make it perfect. The other disappointment is that he had a stereo and alarm installed. The butcher that installed it cut all of the radio and the door lock wires. The radio did not work but replacing the antenna cable fixed that problem. He did not have the second key or any of the fobs. I just bought some on ebay.

Overall the car is in good shape mechanically and looks great from afar. I bought it as a daily driver so I'm, not too disappointed. With time, I'll have her restored to like new condition.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 09:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiaz View Post

The car looked incredible in the pictures but it is full of scratches and the paint has micro scratches in the rear deck. The interior leather has quite a few scuffs. It only has 38000 miles so its amazing its in this poor of a shape. The previous owner had no idea what he had and his wife and kids destroyed the interior. The auto stick shifter bezel is cracked with a piece missing and the rear window switch plate on the console is missing. I can't even see the wires, hopefully they weren't cut out. The hood prop rod is bent into an S shape. Obviously they tried to close the hood while the prop rod was in the up position.

It's cleaned up pretty well but the entire car will need to be repainted to make it perfect. The other disappointment is that he had a stereo and alarm installed. The butcher that installed it cut all of the radio and the door lock wires. The radio did not work but replacing the antenna cable fixed that problem. He did not have the second key or any of the fobs. I just bought some on ebay.

Overall the car is in good shape mechanically and looks great from afar. I bought it as a daily driver so I'm, not too disappointed. With time, I'll have her restored to like new condition.
Welcome from West Virginia! My 03 Dream needs more work than yours. Good luck with the restoration.
Old 13 Mar 2012, 05:08 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiaz View Post

Welcome neighbor !!!! We have a few good members here on the island, so anything you need just send me a PM.
Old 13 Mar 2012, 06:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Welcome! Congrats on the new ride
Old 29 Oct 2013, 09:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Contact Chrysler by Email as I did. There are 1549 Dream Cruiser 4's, mine is #1489.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 09:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: Just bought 2005 Dream Cruiser

I just drove my new Series 4 back from PA and SC.
Averaged (posted in Gen Forum) 24.5 mpg.
She is #0470!

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 31 Oct 2013, 03:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have #1489 DC4. Has 9078 miles and is based in Spokane, WA. Yup, it's for sale...but, what is worth? It was one of several DC4's held back by Chrysler released in 2006 with 181 miles on it. Used by them as a show car, traveling around the country on a truck.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 04:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

pics pics we need pics