PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 PT Cruiser Touring Edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2010, 05:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to zharrison07 Send a message via Yahoo to zharrison07
Exclamation Re: 2006 PT Cruiser Touring Edition

okay...so, i tried spraying the starter fluid around the manifold....but no change in the idle...also noticed, the fan that sits directly behind the grill isn't coming on....i let the car warm up and then switched on the air, but nothing happened...looked like an idiot just standing there waiting for it to come on, lol...guess the next step for me is to get the two sensors replaced (MAP Sensor and Throttle Position Sensor) and see what that does...any other ideas?

ps-maybe i should just wreck the thing and be done with it, lol...

Last edited by zharrison07; 15 Feb 2010 at 05:56 pm.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 06:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 PT Cruiser Touring Edition

Is your car over heating. gage going to the high temp side? By spraying the intake and seeing NO difference, shows that you do NOT have a gasket leak at the intake.

It sounds like you are looking for problems, now don't get me wrong, I understand that you still have the stalling problem, but let us diagnosis one problem at a time without throwing something else at us.

Just wondering if the temperature s overheating may be causing your stalling problem.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 15 Feb 2010, 06:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

first off...i truly do thank everyone who has contributed to helping me-ur time and effort is greatly appreciated.

secondly...i don't mean to sound brash-but the only reason that i noticed the fan not coming on is because someone told me to check. i wasn't LOOKING for a problem there.

third...no, my needle goes no further than the middle of the temp gauge....no further. also, i checked my hoses and couldn't find any other them loose

Old 15 Feb 2010, 10:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: 2006 PT Cruiser Touring Edition

Soonercruiser had been having an ocassional rough idle problem, and I had changed the plugs & wires about 15K back.
The check engine light had been coming on occassionally; not staying onm very long.
At the shop today for il change, and they said the codes was the O2 sensor; all is well so far.

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 16 Feb 2010, 09:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 PT Cruiser Touring Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharrison07 View Post
first off...i truly do thank everyone who has contributed to helping me-ur time and effort is greatly appreciated.

secondly...i don't mean to sound brash-but the only reason that i noticed the fan not coming on is because someone told me to check. i wasn't LOOKING for a problem there.
Sorry, I missed that question to you. Mea Culpa!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 16 Feb 2010, 10:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

If u look a little further down-i answered ur question.
My temp needle doesn't go any further then the middle of the gauge
Had a friend of mine look at it today who has one of the repair manuals and he told me that my best bet would be just to replace the two sensors. From what he could see/hear, there weren't any vacuum leaks. So i guess i should just replace the sensors and see what happens...maybe lady luck will be on my side?

Last edited by zharrison07; 16 Feb 2010 at 01:01 pm.

Tags
2006, chrysler, engine problems, pt cruiser, touring