PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What did you do to your Cruiser today?

Like Tree10420Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Feb 2013, 05:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: What did you do to your Cruiser today?

Replaced my spark plugs, cleaned the pollen off, and grimaced a little when I noticed the spray of CV axle grease inside the front passenger wheel well. Dang. Looks like this weekend will be a DIY boot and/or axle replacement.
White '03 GT. Mine since 2010. DIY work (read, budget): DIY cabin air filter, ball joint/control arm bushings/wheel bearing replacement, CV axle replacement, brakes, struts, K&N drop-in filter, oil pressure sensor replacement, Spark plug gasket replacement.

"But I don't want to go among mad people! Alice remarked. Oh you can't help that, said the cat, We're all mad here. You're mad, I'm mad. How do you know I'm mad? asked Alice. You have to be, or you wouldn't have come here, replied the cat."
Old 04 Feb 2013, 08:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

I tested my new security system. :-D

I took my PT to a neighborhood where there is an average of 23 car break-ins per day. And i parked it there. For 9 hours while i was at work *2 blocks away*.

When i came back there was a cop 3 cars up writing a report on a vehicle with a smashed out window.

My car....was fine..

I did not spend $300 on an alarm, or passive disabling device....

I just stuck 3 "Protected by GLOCK ARMORY" stickers on the rear side windows and one on the rear hatch window.

IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY :-D haha
Old 04 Feb 2013, 09:07 pm
Young Cruiser

Took off, cleaned, and reinstalled the EGR valve. The PT seemed to be running smoother (although it could just be in my head). Drove 50+ miles w/ no check engine light. Fingers crossed!
Old 04 Feb 2013, 09:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Replaced the headlight assembly's( original ones were too yellow ), brake job and oil change. She's happy now
Old 06 Feb 2013, 03:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to galeana77 Send a message via Yahoo to galeana77 Send a message via Skype™ to galeana77

Have a problem with the brakes and hit a damn old explorer , I take the worst part of it, but I was able to quick turn the wheel so the damage reduces to minor fixes and paint, start looking to what was the root cause of the problem.
Old 06 Feb 2013, 09:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I put a different set of wheels on the PT......Bent one of my rims on a big pothole...so theres are the new replacements, another set of 18"wheels. the tires are like new and the chrome doesn't have a scratch on them...craigslist for $300 quite a deal...he had them on a Vibe for 1 summer and paid over $1600 for them..
Busted_PT likes this.

Last edited by twress; 06 Feb 2013 at 09:39 pm.
Old 07 Feb 2013, 07:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
I tested my new security system. :-D

I took my PT to a neighborhood where there is an average of 23 car break-ins per day. And i parked it there. For 9 hours while i was at work *2 blocks away*.

When i came back there was a cop 3 cars up writing a report on a vehicle with a smashed out window.

My car....was fine..

I did not spend $300 on an alarm, or passive disabling device....

I just stuck 3 "Protected by GLOCK ARMORY" stickers on the rear side windows and one on the rear hatch window.

IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY :-D haha
Your car's packin????? lol
Old 08 Feb 2013, 12:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Had to replace the battery.....the guy at the shop said he thought it was the original one...02...
Old 08 Feb 2013, 03:06 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by twress View Post
Had to replace the battery.....the guy at the shop said he thought it was the original one...02...
I replaced my spark wires.. which were also original ('03). The new wires (MSD) tested at about 31 ohms, the old one's were around ... 4,000 ohms! I'm surprised the wires hadn't long since just caught fire or something.

10 years for a battery is pretty good! Also, nice woody!
White '03 GT. Mine since 2010. DIY work (read, budget): DIY cabin air filter, ball joint/control arm bushings/wheel bearing replacement, CV axle replacement, brakes, struts, K&N drop-in filter, oil pressure sensor replacement, Spark plug gasket replacement.

"But I don't want to go among mad people! Alice remarked. Oh you can't help that, said the cat, We're all mad here. You're mad, I'm mad. How do you know I'm mad? asked Alice. You have to be, or you wouldn't have come here, replied the cat."
Old 09 Feb 2013, 06:15 pm
Young Cruiser

I changed the oil and filter,replaced the alternator and power steering/ AC belts and topped off the power steering today..Tomorrow I'm gonna drain and refill radiator and change the plugs..
Closed Thread