PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What did you do to your Cruiser today?

Like Tree10420Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Feb 2013, 06:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: What did you do to your Cruiser today?

Gave my baby a much needed car wash. She's shining like a diamond
2003 GT Turbo HO,Autostick,Stone White,Stage 1 ECM,Composite Intake,BTG Strut Brace,2004 GT Race pedals,Mopar BOV,VMS 10.2mm spark plug wires,NGK Copper plugs,K&N Drop In Filter,Air Box Mod,Gates Hi-Miler Upper & Lower Blue Radiator Hoses,Gates HP Blue Timing Belt,Clark & Clark Hood Struts color matched to car,PTeazer LED Teardrop Tail Lamps,245/45ZR17 Continental Extreme Contact DWS,Blue Tokiko struts and shocks,Eibach lowering coils front & rear ,Eibach sway bars front & rear,New Moog Lower Control Arms,Hyperflex Master Bushing Kit,Moog Strut Mounts,MB Motorsports Alpina 17x7.5,Mopar sub,AMI billet locking fuel door,2005 GT Stainles BrakeGas and foot Rest peddles,PTeazer Billet Door Sills,Billet emergency handle,EGR rain guards,Air horn,9" shorty billet antenna & a splash of bling
Old 17 Feb 2013, 07:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: What did you do to your Cruiser today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcptgt View Post
Painted the roof
Looks great!

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 17 Feb 2013, 08:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcptgt View Post
Painted the roof
One of my favorite cars on here, sharp..yet subtle. Love the wheels.

Old 17 Feb 2013, 09:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

X3!!!

There's several recent posts that need :Thumbs UP: !!!!!
Old 18 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Replaced the upper and lower torque struts and did the adjustment. Cleaned the heat sensor in the intake tube along with the IAC and inspected the TPS. Added Seafoam and a tank of premium. (chasing an intermittent miss, done wires, plugs and timing belt ). Started to pull the dash to replace a light out in the dash but time and the weather got in the way.... but there's always next weekend.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 08:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Well warmed up to 40 yesterday.....I got new thermostat in and replaced the gas line that broke (damn plastic) in the fridged cold here Saturday. After an hour on the phone looking I got one for $5 at a salvage yard after searching their yard. The dealership wanted $70+ for one, and your can't find them anywhere else.....so mental note... if it's cold don't move the gas line when taking off the thermostat housing.....take it off first and be careful.....lol
Old 19 Feb 2013, 11:20 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan73 View Post
To make your PT cruiser doors go THUD when you close them
install and glue in flexible rubber mats on inside of the door. NOT just
the Thud door effect, your stero will now pound out the Bass.
Everyone will notice almost instantly how SOLID your car now feels.

Total cost 4 rubber mats and 2 quarts of carpet glue,
... how much? Way to leave us in suspense there
White '03 GT. Mine since 2010. DIY work (read, budget): DIY cabin air filter, ball joint/control arm bushings/wheel bearing replacement, CV axle replacement, brakes, struts, K&N drop-in filter, oil pressure sensor replacement, Spark plug gasket replacement.

"But I don't want to go among mad people! Alice remarked. Oh you can't help that, said the cat, We're all mad here. You're mad, I'm mad. How do you know I'm mad? asked Alice. You have to be, or you wouldn't have come here, replied the cat."
Old 19 Feb 2013, 11:27 am
Regular Cruiser

Replaced my front rotors and brake pads. Decided to go with economy over 'cool' and got flat rotors instead of slotted/drilled/groovy.... Still, no more squeak!

Passenger CV boot tore a few weeks back and sprayed grease everywhere. I spent 45 minutes in a hazmat suit cleaning the wheel well (just kidding about the suit, I got really good and greasy and decimated my supply of cleaning rags). Replaced the CV axle.

Flushed the power steering fluid and replaced with pretty new ATF+4.
White '03 GT. Mine since 2010. DIY work (read, budget): DIY cabin air filter, ball joint/control arm bushings/wheel bearing replacement, CV axle replacement, brakes, struts, K&N drop-in filter, oil pressure sensor replacement, Spark plug gasket replacement.

"But I don't want to go among mad people! Alice remarked. Oh you can't help that, said the cat, We're all mad here. You're mad, I'm mad. How do you know I'm mad? asked Alice. You have to be, or you wouldn't have come here, replied the cat."
Old 23 Feb 2013, 10:10 am
Cool Cruiser

Installed my my WAY COOL (to me anyway) flame shifter. Finally came after waiting 3 weeks! I guess made to order takes time. Picture does not do it justice, it has an almost 3D effect with the clear coat.

Once it warms up a few more degrees today (I hope), I'll install some rear shocks. Kind of getting tired of the bouncy rear end.

Watts is rattling too, but I'll need much more agreeable temps for that fix .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT flame shifter 2.jpg (70.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg PT flame shifter 1.jpg (64.7 KB, 22 views)
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 23 Feb 2013, 02:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
Installed my my WAY COOL (to me anyway) flame shifter. Finally came after waiting 3 weeks! I guess made to order takes time. Picture does not do it justice, it has an almost 3D effect with the clear coat.

Once it warms up a few more degrees today (I hope), I'll install some rear shocks. Kind of getting tired of the bouncy rear end.

Watts is rattling too, but I'll need much more agreeable temps for that fix .
Nice!

Is that from Flameball? I have had mine since about 2002. Mine is Ivory and Blue, still looks awesome!

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Closed Thread