PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Age for people who drive PTs

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2012, 12:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Age for people who drive PTs

Just curious about the age of people who drive PTs. I'm around 30's. I am getting crapped on by my neighbor. Lol. He said I should have bought a mustang instead. So I am just curious on your thoughts!
Old 14 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Age for people who drive PTs

OK, I got jumped all over for telling the last person who asked a question that was fully covered so I won't say a thing ......except here's the last POLL we did with 5 pages of forum members responding to the same question.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...erage-age.html
Old 14 Jul 2012, 12:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to TheDarkAvengerX Send a message via Skype™ to TheDarkAvengerX

Thanks CREWZIN, I was searching for that thread but couldn't find it.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 01:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks man!
Old 14 Jul 2012, 01:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstg007 View Post
Just curious about the age of people who drive PTs. I'm around 30's. I am getting crapped on by my neighbor. Lol. He said I should have bought a mustang instead. So I am just curious on your thoughts!
he's right! good luck impressing the ladies taking them for a ride in a pt loser vs in a rustang. i've been laughed at a few times by the ladies when someone brought up my car. now it takes liquor to get road head. the mustang, it's like sex on wheels. i'm actually starting to think the police profile me in this car since most PT owners by my work are black people and i've never been pulled over so much in my life. with the mustang i'd get on it a little to the speed limit, the cops pull up next to me and give me thumbs up. i hardly ever got stopped. the stereo doesn't sound as good. it's slower. the brakes aren't as good. it has a terrible turning radius. it handles like a minivan. it breaks more(and the stuff that brakes is a PITA: timing belt, wheel bearings, engine mounts, control arm bushings). it gets the same MPG and much less MPH. it's hard to work on and the parts cost more. it's wrong wheel drive. there's a billion aftermarket performance products for the mustang and they are all much cheaper and actually make the car faster. i don't know why a select few people like these cars so much. i only drive one because i talked the guy down from $800 to $200. i'm 32 but i look/feel/act much younger.

Last edited by rob342; 14 Jul 2012 at 01:35 pm.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 02:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
he's right! good luck impressing the ladies taking them for a ride in a pt loser vs in a rustang. i've been laughed at a few times by the ladies when someone brought up my car. now it takes liquor to get road head. the mustang, it's like sex on wheels. i'm actually starting to think the police profile me in this car since most PT owners by my work are black people and i've never been pulled over so much in my life. with the mustang i'd get on it a little to the speed limit, the cops pull up next to me and give me thumbs up. i hardly ever got stopped. the stereo doesn't sound as good. it's slower. the brakes aren't as good. it has a terrible turning radius. it handles like a minivan. it breaks more(and the stuff that brakes is a PITA: timing belt, wheel bearings, engine mounts, control arm bushings). it gets the same MPG and much less MPH. it's hard to work on and the parts cost more. it's wrong wheel drive. there's a billion aftermarket performance products for the mustang and they are all much cheaper and actually make the car faster. i don't know why a select few people like these cars so much. i only drive one because i talked the guy down from $800 to $200. i'm 32 but i look/feel/act much younger.
Your post above jumps around from the positives tand negetives of one car to another more than a jumping bean in a bottle.
What year and model of Mustang do you drive?
You rerally didnt need to post this because you sound like the Honda kids in my neighborhood talking about PT Cruisers. I'd bet when you're cruising around the circuit with your tunes blasting to 'Lady GaGa', friend 3 and friend 4 in the back seats are just chillin in mean Detroit lean because they can't sit up straight
To add, If you need liquor at age 32 to get anywhere with the ladies because of the type of car you drive you deffinitely have other issues going on.
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 14 Jul 2012, 02:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Lets put this into perspective, with some punctuation if you don't mind. You paid $200 for a vehicle. What the hell did you expect? Go out and pay the same for your rustang or any other car, you'll have the same and more problems. Anyone with decent mechanical abilities can fix anything that goes wrong or needs replaced on the PT. As far as picking up women, you said it yourself, maybe it's because you act much younger than 32, that the women or should I say young girls, stay way. If you need a particular type of car to pick up a girl, that relationship won't last long once she's inside the car and see's the kind of person you are.

You've had some decent things to add to the forum and helpful suggestion. If you feel that way about the PT, maybe this forum is the wrong place to hang out.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 14 Jul 2012 at 02:28 pm.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 02:31 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

What year and model PT do you drive? because IMO the PT GT is the ultimate sleeper and if you mod it right, you'll get a lot of attention and compliments, ( which I get a lot, specially now that I de-chromed it)....and if you tune it right, you'll get a lot of "THUMBS UP" ( or curses ) from all those mustangs when you beat them

BTW, I'm 41 years young :P

Last edited by XtrmDC2; 16 Jul 2012 at 08:11 am. Reason: forgot age
Old 14 Jul 2012, 02:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to TheDarkAvengerX Send a message via Skype™ to TheDarkAvengerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
From this post, I can see that you act much younger. Grow up.
wwpptc and XtrmDC2 like this.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 03:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Can't buy a running pt or any other car in my part of the world for $200. The metal recycling place pays more than that for scrap price per car.
Anyway everyone is excited about the cars I'm building and can't wait to see them finished. Most of the cruisers are showing up in teens or early 20s as these get more reasonable in price with age. I just don't here the negatives that I read here. Of course I'm secure in my manhood and that's what a women sees when she looks a a guy. Gold diggers excluded.
CREWZIN, wwpptc and XtrmDC2 like this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com