Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2012, 01:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Lock?

Ok, I dont know whats the deal with the locks or if PT's are just screwed up like this...
Unlocking the doors, I have to use the key in the drivers door to unlock or alarm goes off, or use keyfob to unlock which it doesnt work half the time even with a new battery installed.

Start car and drive, doors auto lock but when parked/turned off the doors dont unlock and have to be manually unlocked to get in to get baby out of the back seat..ect...

Using keyfob does not lock/unlock rear hatch
Using key to unlock rear hatch causes all doors to lock...????

Im at my wits end trying to get this to operate normally where when driving the doors lock, turned off the doors unlock.
Using keyfob unlocks and locks the rear hatch along with the doors.
Unlocking the rear hatch with key doesnt lock the rest of the doors and locking the rear hatch with key doesnt do whatever to the doors...
Id Rather all the doors/hatch work with the keyfob ( Lock and unlock ) iM JUST AGGRIVATED that I get out after driving and all the doors are locked and have to unlock either manually or keyfob, I want them to auto unlock. And for everything to operate as it should, they are just ass backwards and twisted.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 01:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Lock?

Hard to understand what's happening the way you put it BUT half of what you say, mine does the same thing. Normal.

When i start to drive the doors lock at 15mph, normal. When I stop and take the key out, drivers door and passenger door unlock by using the handle fro inside but if I go to the back doors or hatch, they are locked from the outside, normal.

If I want to open the back door or hatch, I reach in the front door and push the unlock button or hit the fob, twice.

The fob unlocks the drivers door with one push of fob, unlocks the trunk and other 3 doors with two pushes of the fog unlock button.

Opening or locking the the hatch with the key doesn't do anything with the other doors.

As far as fob only working half the time, that's another mater.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 02:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

My doors dont unlock when turned off? And the hatch doesnt unlock/lock with anything other than the key so sometimes I forget to lock it and lock with keyfob or manually but come back and the hatch is still unlocked ( hate the thought its easy access to get into if I forget) Is there any way to set the lock system to factory? I know some cars use the 3 key on/off method and you hit unlock or something but there is a certain procedure or it will change settings for other certain features??? Thanks.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 03:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

As I said, my door s don't unlock when stopped but whoever is inside just uses the handle to unlock them. The rear doors will stay locked .

The rear hatch and the other 3 doors lock and unlocks with a second squeeze of the fob unlock button. The first squeeze only unlocks the drivers door.

Do you have an owners manual (you can download one with instructions on this forum). The manual shows ways of controlling the activation of the key locks and the fob to different settings.