Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser's How much longer popular?

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2013, 09:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser's How much longer popular?

I see lots of the newer ones being bought all the time at our local dodge dealer.

Problem is they are all being bought by college women :/

Cheaper than a bug, cuter than a civic....... lol
Old 22 Feb 2013, 10:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I love mine and it's my second one I've owned. My first one a red 01 LE that got totaled, someone elses stupidity....after that I went on the search for a Woody to replace her, I never thought of buying anything else. I found one in Ohio that a 70 year old woman owned. Some people just consider them as transportation and you can tell those people driving around...me I think different. But what do I know... lol
Old 23 Feb 2013, 07:40 am
Senior Cruiser

These will have support for a while, mainly because there were a lot of them sold, and the last ones in 2010. You probably get another 10 yrs of factory parts at least.

Then there will always be plenty of aftermarket service parts since the drive trains were common. Breaks and suspension, cooling system etc will be well supported.

The thing which will limit them will be electrical, ie PCM, BCM etc some of which need the OEM rebuilt and dealer support to program, when that gets scarce then some cars wont be able to be fixed.

Lastly you have the hard core people who like PT's they will be around for a while.

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
17 Challenger SRT A8 GoMango
18 JL Wrangler Sahara Punkn
20 JL Wrangler Rubicon Ocean Blue
Old 23 Feb 2013, 10:19 am
Cool Cruiser

Popularity is one thing, always wanting one, and still liking them is another.

Were going to hear shots against, but we still will hear compliments.

Since they are a unique "crossover" I think aftermarket will hang around for a while longer as well as for our crosstown copy the HHR.

I really do appreciate seeing people personalizing them still. And do feel a bit bummed seeing the" transpo specials" being treated as such, when all they need is a bit of TLC...or maybe just a bath!
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 23 Feb 2013, 01:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

CASE IN POINT !!

I just got a thumbs up from an HHR owner while leaving the car wash

(damn it's tough avoiding all those snow melting water puddles )
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 21 Jun 2013, 09:37 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Unhappy Re: PT Cruiser's How much longer popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
PT Cruiser's will the popularity last much longer?

I was asked today how long the PT Cruiser specific forums and the popularity would last for the PT given how long they have been around up to now.
Is there a drop off with events, car shows , clubs over the last couple of year's with them ?
Many aftermarket manufactures, Vendors, dealers of parts have reduced or no longer carry many parts that were once very popular.
Is this a sign of the decline of the PT popularity.

What do you all think?

What do those that have been around almost since the beginning of the PT Cruiser have to say about these questions.

What can some of us do to keep the growth going for the PT Cruiser's?
Yes,I know..."Holy thread revival Batman!";But,I didn't want to start a new thread for this topic....I'm new and was looking to see if any PT owners had a club in my area;This is all I found: Corpus Christi PT Cruiser Club | A place to come and enjoy friends and PT Crusiers.......Only 1 member in a city of over 250,000!(probably the one that started the page)
Old 21 Jun 2013, 09:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

This is probably not the best thread to look for a club in your area. Try using your search for PT clubs in your area on the internet? I live in California and had to do the same just recently. I have seance contacted 2 close to me.
Also look here on tis forum under: Regional Forums

You can also start your your own thread with a request for this information as well which may ultimately better serve you?
randyincctx likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 21 Jun 2013, 10:17 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
This is probably not the best thread to look for a club in your area. Try using your search for PT clubs in your area on the internet? I live in California and had to do the same just recently. I have seance contacted 2 close to me.
Also look here on tis forum under: Regional Forums

You can also start your your own thread with a request for this information as well which may ultimately better serve you?
I don't think he came on here to say he was looking for a club on this post. To me it seemed like he was stating that the decline in popularity made his search for a club yield the result of only 1 club in his area with only 1 member. Texas being the biggest state makes it kinda sad that only 1 club with 1 member was found. I think it was a good point incase of the decline of Pt owners. But I could be wrong. $.02
randyincctx likes this.

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Old 21 Jun 2013, 10:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Yes,I know..."Holy thread revival Batman!";But,I didn't want to start a new thread for this topic....I'm new and was looking to see if any PT owners had a club in my area;This is all I found: Corpus Christi PT Cruiser Club | A place to come and enjoy friends and PT Crusiers.......Only 1 member in a city of over 250,000!(probably the one that started the page)
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoretoys View Post
I don't think he came on here to say he was looking for a club on this post. To me it seemed like he was stating that the decline in popularity made his search for a club yield the result of only 1 club in his area with only 1 member. Texas being the biggest state makes it kinda sad that only 1 club with 1 member was found. I think it was a good point incase of the decline of Pt owners. But I could be wrong. $.02
Maybe a little of both?

And CALIFORNIA a rather large state like Texas in its early hay day of PT's from 2002 to about 2007 as I see it from Washington, Nevada, California had hundreds of clubs and shows now a few clubs and most are all but a handful of members?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 21 Jun 2013, 10:40 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Wink Re: PT Cruiser's How much longer popular?

Yes a little of both...But,this is the right thread;I was primarily dismayed at the lack of PT popularity in MY city;I know there is at least one confirmed PT club in San Antonio.(Maybe even 2 ???lol)