Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:13 am
Banned

Default Re: Gonna try these

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
Attachment 27769

i'd like to see how they look looking the other direction. if you don't have a nice crisp horizontal line like the first or second pic, you're blinding and pissing people off. i've played chicken with a few people on accident because they were a little too into their vision. at the end of the day if i can't see the road do to someone blinding me, i'll do my best to stay in my own lane, but realistically i'd much rather run them off the road than accidentally find the ditch myself.

personally i would just measure voltage drop and do the relay mod, but i've recommended it at least 20x and nobody ever tried it here. just fixing C103 under the dash i made mine noticeably brighter on accident

post a pic like above, i'm hoping to see good things. ther's a 50% chance there will be a crisper line than stock.
The way too bright or off-aimed headlights are far more annoying than my new rear brake light strip that I added recently to my PT, or my 3 times flashing brake light bulbs that you expressed your desire that you don't like.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 11:32 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtnos View Post
wow name calling now.. good for you for stoopin so low.. never once did it say i was going to blind others, and or that i was going to be driving around with my high beams on.... that was your assumption.. but thank you for letting me know that you think im an a hole.. makes you look like such an angel..
svtnos,
Click on UserCP in the upper right.
Along the left side, click on "Add a Member to Your List..."
enter the name of the idiot you wish to ignore (I'll make this fair by saying you can even put my user name in it)

click on Okay

Life on this board will be much more pleasant for you.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 11:47 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
svtnos,
Click on UserCP in the upper right.
Along the left side, click on "Add a Member to Your List..."
enter the name of the idiot you wish to ignore (I'll make this fair by saying you can even put my user name in it)

click on Okay

Life on this board will be much more pleasant for you.
It's under: Settings & Options > Edit Ignore List

The only drawback to that is that they can still make comments about you, but you won't be able to see their comments. You have to remove them from your Ignore List to read any of their comments. But you can unblock them, read any of their comments, then block them again. Also, with anyone blocked, they also won't be able to send you any PM's
rsrocket1 likes this.

Last edited by rckstein; 19 Feb 2018 at 11:49 am.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 12:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

That's true, but if you ignore them you never have to read their comments so you can go on with life as if they never existed. You will also see their comments if someone else quotes them, but simply ignoring them get you 90% there.

I've done that with a few people who pop up just to get help, never contribute and chastise contributors for asking if they've done "the obvious" when they never stated everything they've checked it and act put off by your question.
rckstein and the3dgm like this.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 04:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_PB6_TOURING View Post
Your incandescent bulbs might be wearing out ( not burned out ). When in operation, the filament throws off molecules of tungsten, this ends up coating the inside of the bulb reducing transmitted light. While I haven't seen a headlight bulb turn completely black but still " work ", I've seen countless smaller bulbs do this.

Also, these cars tend to corrode away under hood grounds for headlights and more, this could reduce brightness.
I am still running the original headlight bulbs in my 2001 PT. While my lights are not as bright as most other cars I encounter on the road today, I have wondered if they had "dimmed" due to age or due to newer cars having whiter or bluer looking bulbs or just that more and more vehicles are SUVs/trucks with their headlights at a level about windshield height of the PT. I have picked up a set of new bulbs and am waiting for warmer weather to change them. I have polished the headlights a couple of times to remove the fogging and that has helped alleviate the dimness.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 06:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
The way too bright or off-aimed headlights are far more annoying than my new rear brake light strip that I added recently to my PT, or my 3 times flashing brake light bulbs that you expressed your desire that you don't like.
I put a 3rd LED brake light strip like you did on my Harley's truck down below... added insurance that the folks behind me see me even with my LED tombstone tail light on the fender. Not that obnoxious but on a bike can be a life saver than getting rear-ended. I also installed round LED lights in place of the rear running / brake lights on my PT... again added insurance. Too many yahoo's not paying attention or looking at their cell phones. I said my peace.

2002 PT 4 door Inferno Red
2008 PT Convertible Bright Silver
Old 20 Feb 2018, 06:52 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by My02RedRide View Post
I put a 3rd LED brake light strip like you did on my Harley's truck down below... added insurance that the folks behind me see me even with my LED tombstone tail light on the fender. Not that obnoxious but on a bike can be a life saver than getting rear-ended. I also installed round LED lights in place of the rear running / brake lights on my PT... again added insurance. Too many yahoo's not paying attention or looking at their cell phones. I said my peace.
Please post a pic

This is what the brake light strip looks like that I recently installed:

It also has white for when in reverse:

Old 20 Feb 2018, 07:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Please post a pic

This is what the brake light strip looks like that I recently installed:

It also has white for when in reverse:

DAY-UM, my old fart transitions bi-focals tuned dark just looking at your picts. The future's soooo bright I gotta wear shades. Man, I kinda dated myself... sort of. Didn't I see that same light pattern in Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind???? there I go again LOL

2002 PT 4 door Inferno Red
2008 PT Convertible Bright Silver
Old 27 Feb 2018, 06:31 am
Cool Cruiser

well i sent them back.. they didnt work out the way i wanted..
Old 27 Feb 2018, 04:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Question Re: Gonna try these

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtnos View Post
well i sent them back.. they didnt work out the way i wanted..
what didn't you like about the lights?

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com