PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What fuel system treatments do you guys use?

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2018, 10:56 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: What fuel system treatments do you guys use?

I used Lucas Injector Cleaner in my PT once every 6 months. Also clean out the Throttle Body at that time as well. At every fill up though, I use Marvel's Mystery Oil. Keeps the engine clean and I get about 2-3MPG more than when I do not use it at all. I'd recommend Marvel's Mystery Oil over any other fuel treatment product.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 06:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Vengeance, I'm curious as to how much MMO you're putting in at every fill up? Can you enlighten me?

Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Last edited by chuzz; 17 Sep 2018 at 06:46 am.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 08:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Vengeance, I'm curious as to how my MMO you're putting in at every fill up? Can you enlighten me?
I am assuming instead of "my" you mean "much" and if that is the case, I put in 6oz every fill up. Instructions say to use 4oz per 10 gallons of gas. Recently I been running my tanks close to empty (before using MMO, I never let it get under halfway) or just below 1/4 of tank now. Add in 6oz of MMO and be on my merry way. Once a month I will go one fill up without adding any to drain the previous MMO additions and then start again. Technically for a 15 gallon tank, you'd use 6.5oz but I do not have an exact measuring thing and go by the oz marks on the 32oz bottle. It all equates to about 2.5 gallons of gas per 1 ounce of MMO. Which a 32oz bottle will last me between 1 1/2-2 months.
chuzz likes this.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 10:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I've been running Chevron 94 Octane exclusively the last 5 years, and they claim it has "more cleaning additive than any other fuel" (Techron). So I don't see any need to buy more fuel system treatments. Certainly the car runs like a top, and I have done nothing more than "plugs and wires" in the five years I have had it.

Out here in Western Canada I have never seen "HEET" or a lot of the other stuff youse guys get down south...
Old 17 Sep 2018, 03:44 am
Cool Cruiser

I google searched your quote and got “No results found for "more cleaning additive than any other fuel".” Can you tell me where you got this? I did see where Chevron says their gasoline removes up to 50% of harmful deposits. I'd prefer more than that. Shell says their V-Power has 5 times the cleaning additives than the minimum required. I see in one test AMSOIL Performance Improver removed 98% of deposits.

Last edited by Gold2006; 17 Sep 2018 at 08:30 am.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 06:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengence View Post
I am assuming instead of "my" you mean "much" and if that is the case, I put in 6oz every fill up. Instructions say to use 4oz per 10 gallons of gas. Recently I been running my tanks close to empty (before using MMO, I never let it get under halfway) or just below 1/4 of tank now. Add in 6oz of MMO and be on my merry way. Once a month I will go one fill up without adding any to drain the previous MMO additions and then start again. Technically for a 15 gallon tank, you'd use 6.5oz but I do not have an exact measuring thing and go by the oz marks on the 32oz bottle. It all equates to about 2.5 gallons of gas per 1 ounce of MMO. Which a 32oz bottle will last me between 1 1/2-2 months.
Yep, that should have been "much" instead of my. Thanks for the reply. I did go back and correct that, too!
Vengence likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.