Advertisements
Plastic PT Cruiser Intake Manifold Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jul 2005, 07:10 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Herschel

So, hyracer,
Any results you would care to share about the "plastic intake?" H.
Hi Herschel,

To be honest with you I can not tell any differance with the new manifold installed...but I'm already pushing Stage 2 HP levels anyway so 10 hp would not make as much a differance for me than someone at stock levels. I have found out however that now I can not change the #2 plug without either removing the plastic manifold or modifing the spark plug socket...
Hopefully someone ends up doing a back to back dyno test and can verify the results.

Deen
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 07:39 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I was told on a previous post that you can still change the plugs with the new manifold...is that true or not?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 03:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

can i see photo of these new intake???
Old 26 Jul 2005, 04:55 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

How much does the new plastic intake interfear with your #2 plug ?? Could you grind alittle of the intake seam away ?? Which socket are you using ?? I have the new manifold but havent got to put it on yet I am going to do a couple of things at the same time so i am getting all the stuff toghter.
Can you show a pic of how close it is ???

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 26 Jul 2005, 10:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ok, here's one for you all. I have an 05' GT vert 5spd with the standard aluminum intake manifold, manufactured 5/04. I never had the car dynoed before messing with it so I don't know wether or not my car had anywhere close to the 220HP, 245LBS TQ stated by DC for the 05 GT engine. Did I get screwed on power because of the intake or did I get it and the power comes from PCM programming??? And if the power increase does come from the intake, can I replace mine and see stage 1 power increase?? TThrift says I can't order S1 for 04 with my VIN because of the programming even though I have the alum intake. Then why hasn't S1 been released for 05?? Or is the reason S1 isn't out yet is that some 05's have alum and the rest have plastic and it changes the power output with the S1 programming so some 05's in S1 mode would have more power than the cars with the alum intake and S1?? [xx(]
I don't know what's going on with the S1, but those at DC responsible for it should pull their heads out of their......
As far as the plugs go, just get the 5/8" spark plug socket with the universal joint on the connection end. It makes pulling the plugs from all the holes easier! And it costs about $6
Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 12:34 am
Veteran Cruiser

"but those at DC responsible for it should pull their heads out of their......"

Fat chance. We complained about stage 1 being so late and then the stage 2 fiasco and they didn' care at all. We are the red haired stepchild [xx(]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 27 Jul 2005, 02:58 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Universal works great on #3 but can't help on #2..... problem is you can't even get the deepwell 5/8 plug socket into the hole unless you remove upper intake . This only applies to plastic intake . I'm just a bit hesitant to grind on new intake just yet. Removing to swap plugs isn't a real big deal especially if you've done plug changes on na's .
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 27 Jul 2005, 05:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by flashbk2

Universal works great on #3 but can't help on #2..... problem is you can't even get the deepwell 5/8 plug socket into the hole unless you remove upper intake . This only applies to plastic intake . I'm just a bit hesitant to grind on new intake just yet. Removing to swap plugs isn't a real big deal especially if you've done plug changes on na's .
Again, DC, heads out please...
Hmmm, wonder what the dealerships are charging to change plugs out now during a routine tune up??? It's got to add a good $100 to the tab. Of course, I won't be paying...
Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 06:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by flashbk2

Removing to swap plugs isn't a real big deal especially if you've done plug changes on na's .
Not a big deal I agree, but it sure is nicer to be able to go down to the garage and check all the plugs in about 20 minutes without having to disasemble. What WERE they thinking.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 05 Aug 2005, 10:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

They are the standard manifold in the 2005 Turbo HO car.

The simple fact of the matter is, aluminum and other metallic intakes increase heat conduction to the intake mass, and reduce the intake charge power potential.

I can get a part# off mine if you like.

Cheers,

Joe