Advertisements
Plastic PT Cruiser Intake Manifold Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2005, 02:11 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dcrumlich

I will try the plug gap at .038.

Will the stage 2 upgrade help the situation. I just recieved notice today that mine finally shipped.

The plastic intake sure is cooler on the touch.

Stage 2? There is no such thing as stage 2 for the GT. Do you mean stage 1?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 10 Aug 2005, 05:37 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to AZ_IceMan

Quote:

I will try the plug gap at .038.

Will the stage 2 upgrade help the situation. I just recieved notice today that mine finally shipped.

The plastic intake sure is cooler on the touch.

Please tell me you didn't order one of those ebay cheapy knock off resistors. They will not help you.[:0]

PrototypePower Performance UpCharge Pipe, Custom Cold Air Intake
Mopar Blow Off Valve, Mopar Stage ? Mopar Stage 1 PCM, AGP WasteGate Actuator,
TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller, TruBendz 3\" DownPipe with Custom 3\" Dual Exhaust,
NGK V-Power Plugs and AGP Performance Wires,
Autometer A-Pillar Pod with Boost/Trans Temp Guages
Old 10 Aug 2005, 03:10 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to westgate

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SuGamer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by westgate

I installed the plastic intake on my early 05 convertible 1500 miles ago. Never a miss or any other problems. I did do a plug and wire change 1 week before the intake.
Hey Westgate! Just for verification for "another" on the forum who argues about the 05's, can you please state your year and model of your PT along with what type of intake manifold your car came with? It seems that person continues to claim that no 05's came with the aluminum intake. [xx(]

It is an 05 (built 020411= Feb 4 between 11:00am and 11:59am) Touring Edition Turbo Lite Convertible WITH an aluminum intake. I picked up from the dealer on 3/3/04
Old 10 Aug 2005, 03:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yep you are right, Stage 1 is on the way. I wish we had a stage 2.

Anyway, will the larger injectors help the lean situation? The plug gap seemed to help so far, but I haven't driven it too much. I did seem that when the motor warmed up the miss was worse. That would point to a lean condition.

I had this miss before the intake, I installed a MSD coil after my screaming demon took a crap on me.

I have 70,000 miles on it and love the car.

Can't wait for the stage kit, I hear it is just a kick in the pants.

[8)]

My other car is an 8 second vega wagon
Old 10 Aug 2005, 05:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to AZ_IceMan

When was the last time you changed your spark plugs and wires? You should not being leaning out stock because you already run a little rich and even more so when the stage one gets there.

PrototypePower Performance UpCharge Pipe, Custom Cold Air Intake
Mopar Blow Off Valve, Mopar Stage ? Mopar Stage 1 PCM, AGP WasteGate Actuator,
TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller, TruBendz 3\" DownPipe with Custom 3\" Dual Exhaust,
NGK V-Power Plugs and AGP Performance Wires,
Autometer A-Pillar Pod with Boost/Trans Temp Guages
Old 10 Aug 2005, 07:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by srtpt

i saw that new intake and its damn ugly. im not sure that i want it for the simple reason of it being so ugly. the 03 04 intake is much better looking especially with my dark nlue engine paint. i suppose i could paint the new one too but it has that god gotty chrysler wing right in the middle of it. damn what to do.
it only has the wings if you put the modesty cover on. otherwise it looks kind of spidery. I would like to see on in person to see if there is some creative way to paint it to make it look interesting.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 10 Aug 2005, 08:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My wires are only about 20k old. I have crane firewires. Just put the new stock size plugs. Coil is new, MSD.

Seems like the .038 makes it much better. I am hoping that the larger injectors make it even better.

Thanks for the help.

Old 10 Aug 2005, 11:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

Quote:

My wires are only about 20k old. I have crane firewires. Just put the new stock size plugs. Coil is new, MSD.

Seems like the .038 makes it much better. I am hoping that the larger injectors make it even better.

Thanks for the help.
Get rid of the MSD coil and get an OEM coil instead. The very little added power is not worth the fact that the coil would crap out, like the Screamin Demon coil, alot sooner than the stock coil ever would.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 10 Aug 2005, 11:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SuGamer

Quote:

I installed the plastic intake on my early 05 convertible 1500 miles ago. Never a miss or any other problems. I did do a plug and wire change 1 week before the intake.
Hey Westgate! Just for verification for "another" on the forum who argues about the 05's, can you please state your year and model of your PT along with what type of intake manifold your car came with? It seems that person continues to claim that no 05's came with the aluminum intake. [xx(]

It is an 05 (built 020411= Feb 4 between 11:00am and 11:59am) Touring Edition Turbo Lite Convertible WITH an aluminum intake. I picked up from the dealer on 3/3/04
Thanks Westgate! [^] Maybe that person can realize the truth and stop spreading false and inaccurate information.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 11 Aug 2005, 09:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Got the MSD Coil because when I put my stock one back in I had a miss. Thought that would fix it. But it didn't.

seems like the plug gap thing worked. At least until I get the stage one on monday.