Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Class Action Suit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2003, 12:18 am
Regular Cruiser

Yeah, I hear you but we still need an attorney.
Old 23 May 2003, 01:50 am
Regular Cruiser

Count me in, I saw it on the dealer build sheet but not listed on the sticker. Question the sale manager about it he was to get back to me. At that time the dealership was in the process of changing hand and now the new owner has closed my local dealer and moved to the island. Service for us in 1 ferry ride away. Many people are talking about moving to either GM or Ford where local service is available. Make you wonder why DC is number 3 in North America.
Old 23 May 2003, 02:31 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I'm in Too !!! [xx(]
Old 23 May 2003, 08:56 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GTPT

Yeah, I hear you but we still need an attorney.
I'll try and contact the guys who initiated the R/T lawsuit and get the inside scoop on how to proceed. If I remember correctly, the R/T's issue was about the lowered hauling capacity which made a major impact on the usage of the pickup and could also cause the resale to drop. I'm not sure how to make the case about the lack of the rear sway bar; my girlfriend is doing her internship with a law office so that's one place we could start.

May I suggest the first thing we need to do is snail/e-mail the proper person at D-C explaining our issues and ask them to correct it by installing the sway bar as shown on the window sticker where applicable.This could be done by inundating D-C individually and/or by group correspondence. First we need the name and address of the proper person/s to contact at D-C. Let me know who's in.

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 23 May 2003, 09:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

I'm in!!!! I bought my GT in September last year, 2nd one sold on the lot.....bar is listed on the sticker, dealer won't budge!!!!!!!!
Old 23 May 2003, 09:33 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by drew622

I'm in!!!! I bought my GT in September last year, 2nd one sold on the lot.....bar is listed on the sticker, dealer won't budge!!!!!!!!
After I get a list of those who want in, I'll get my girlfriend's lawyer to write a letter (with lots of legalese) to the proper parties at D-C and see what happens - a letter on lawyer stationary may wake them up. Ya'll help sign up all the people (name, address,VIN No., etc.)who fall into this category and keep me posted. I'll make this my good deed.[^]

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 23 May 2003, 10:22 am
Young Cruiser

Count me in!!!
I have my sticker, build sheet, and the EXCUSE letter from DC on file.
Keep me posted
GT Turbo Inferno Red Loaded, Chrome Grill, Billet Fuel Door,Blanes Hood Struts,Chrome side spears & shorty antenna, K&N, MGW chrome a/c knobs,lock pins,PT lighter, Eject power plug and GT plate frame, Weathertech Visors, PT MudFlaps,Alpine Stereo&Amps MB Quart & JLSub, BTG Intake, ShadowDot center console cover
Old 23 May 2003, 10:59 am
Administrator

http://www.PetitionOnline.com might be a good place to start something.
Old 23 May 2003, 11:15 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for the input guys. Steve keep me abreast of your plans. What do you think of Jody's idea of the online petition? What really bums me out here is the number of people that have read this topic, compared to the few that have shown an interest and replied.
Phil
Old 23 May 2003, 01:09 pm
Young Cruiser

A couple of things I would like to point out.

If you take a look at the window sticker on your car you will see the following;
"We reserve the right to make changes without notice and are not responsible for typographical errors. Dealers are independent and free to set their own prices."
For as long as I have been purchasing new cars there has been a statement to this effect somewhere in the documentation for the cars I have bought.

Basically that gets them off the hook regarding whether there is or is not a rear sway bar. FWIW, there was no mention of a rear sway bar on my sticker, the brochuer I picked up or on the web.

What's the big deal anyway? I certainly did not buy the PT because I was looking for an ultimate handling machine but as it is it handles better than my Shelby Daytona and at least as well as my Dodge Avenger. Typically rear sway bars are not put on cars for the US market because the typical US driver is not equiped to deal with the handling characteristics they tend to impart. It's much safer for relatively unskilled driver to deal with understeer than with oversteer that a rear sway bar tends to impart. I would venture a guess that if the PT did come with one that they would have made other changes in the suspension tuning to keep the car safely into the understeer side of the handling characteristic and would be no different than what you have now.

Making a comparison to the Dakota R/T situation is a big stretch. People were lead to believe that they had a capability (towing capacity) that they did not find out that they didn't until after they recieved the truck. With the PT there is no claim to a capability that is not there because the sway bar is not there.