Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dealerships to avoid - and Why

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2003, 09:33 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Dealerships to avoid - and Why

Here is a chance to tell your war story; not your recent road kill, but what you have to go through to get service, buy a car, order parts, get something looked at under warranty, problems created by "repairs", high labor rate, unsavory practices etc.

If you feel that you have had an experience with a dealership that you would like to spare other forum members and potential customers from re-living, list it here.

List the Dealership name, if they are a "5 Star Dealer", city and state, service/sales/warranty issue and a brief description of the encounter.

This may not be much help, but it will allow is to air out our concerns, and see if this is an epidemic associated with our choice of vehicle manufacturers.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 09:41 am
Young Cruiser

Isn't this topic something more appropriate to place in the "steam room?"
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Maybe so. I will let Jody make a decision on that.

I put it here as a source of information, and an aid in helping others make a decsion on a dealership to do business with, or as the case may be, not to do business with.

Putting it here instead of the steamroom differentiates it from an open-ended complaint box with no intention of redress or solution. In the general discussion area, it is more likely to get more exposure and have a wider audience; yielding more overall benefit.

However, if the discussion of where the thread should be placed generates more volume than the thread topic, I will request that the discussion of the thread topic's placement be moved to the Steam Room..
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PK Cruiser

as I explained in a previous thread...

My thinking exactly...there is a dealership here in Warner Robins, Georgia...a 5 star dealer...I have only gone once, only to have my oil changed...but a friend took his PT in for some work...they had it over the weekend (keep in mind the service department is closed on weekends). When he picked his PT up on Monday it had an additional 100 miles, and cigarette butts in the cup holder, and ashes all over the dash, my friend doesn't smoke. When he went and confronted the dealership about it they apologized and said they would detail the entire car if he left it. He left it, picked it up the next day, and all they did was wipe out the cup holder, and try to dust the ashes off the dash, when he said something about it the service manager got the sales manager. The sales manager threatened my friend, told him to take his a$$ on, they don't need his money, and to never show his face in that dealership again. Needless to say we are trying to get that dealership on the "black list" here on base (which means active duty personnel are not suppose to go there) and spreading the word around about this. He contacted DC and they said they couldn't do anything about it....

The dealership is in Warner Robins, Georgia. Its name is Bill Butler Chry-Dodge-Jeep and it is a 5 star dealership...

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...
Old 18 Jun 2003, 02:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

See this thread:
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=2550

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html