Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Official DaimlerChrysler response on Warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Official DaimlerChrysler response on Warranty

I sent customer service the following questions via the emial contact service on the Chrysler Website:

Mopar Performance Parts Stage I Turbo Upgrade-PT Cruiser GT
Comments:
---------
I would like to get the official company response on the subject of the addition of Mopar Performance Parts products and Vehicle Warranty.

I am considering purchase of the Stage I Turbo Upgrade for my 2003 PT Cruiser GT, and the warranty statement on the Mopar web site seems to contradict itself.

Is the upgrade CARB approved?

Will it void my warranty?

It is street legal when installed on an otherwise stock vehicle?

What do I do if my dealer adopts a different policy than the official Chrysler policy regarding purchase, installation, use and warranty of this item when used with the car it was designed for?

Thanks,

David Little

Here is their reply

"Dear David:

Thank you for contacting DaimlerChrysler regarding the addition of
Mopar Performance Parts.

Adding the turbo upgrade will not necessarily void the entire warranty- if the add-on in question causes the failure of a part,however, then that repair may not be covered. The dealership would need to determine why the part in question failed. "

They then went on to try to see me an extended Service Contract...

Go Figure......

I will be trying to get a more detailed answer...
Old 17 Jun 2003, 02:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

What was their reply to your CARB question? Did they even address it in the form letter they sent you?
Old 17 Jun 2003, 03:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

This is an opportunity for building some confidence in the PT group. I think that as a group we may not feel like there is any respect once the car drives off the showroom floor.

If UniqTwin is reading posts: Please be as clear and specific as possible about what will and wont be done on the DEQ and warranty issues (saying it is a dealer issue or each case will be handled differently is just passing the buck).
Old 18 Jun 2003, 02:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I was reading a little about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty-FTC Improvement Act. They have a blurb on it at PT-Tuning where they are selling the cold air filter. They mention that "some dealers have improperly denied warranty claims even though the claim had nothing to do with the aftermarket parts, ie: just because you install an exhaust system, your suspension failure warranty claim cannot be denied. If you experience a problem with a uncooperative dealership, point out the provisions of this "federal Act"."

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 18 Jun 2003, 02:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

The thing is, if your dealer says your warranty is void, you can either go to a different dealer hoping the first one hasn't put some kind of comment about your car into the system, or get a lawyer and duke it out in court. Neither of which are very appealing which is why I want the whole warranty thing spelled out officially.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 02:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I agree with that. Sad ain't it...?

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 19 Jun 2003, 12:19 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DTs_PTGT

What was their reply to your CARB question? Did they even address it in the form letter they sent you?
No, they made no attempt to address the other questions. The reply I posted is all they commented on. In the body of that reply, they devoted 4x the space/words/lines on pitching a Service Contract to me.

However, I pointed this out in the return link they provided for further correspondence on the subject; and I asked them a few more questions.

Honestly, I'm not making this up. Some of their replies are priceless; near absolute semantic voids.