Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
180 HP Turbo Engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Herschel

I am sincerely sorry if you don't like whatever it is you drive. As for me, I Love our PT, Just fine-Thank you. It is not perfect but, if you are looking to find fault, I am sure "You Will."
I bet you are a pretty miserable unhappy person.
Me, I'm rather happy go lucky. I take people and
thing at FACE VALUE. That means, they are what they
are. Not, what I wish they were. P.S. Are you this
critical of your friends, as well???
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Some people expres their views on this site when they feel that Chrysler could do it better, because they like the PT and want it to survive. I'm sure that your business survives because you listen to your customers.
I haven't attacked you personally, just stated some of my opinions. If you don't like my opinion, you are free to disagree, much as I disagree with some of the things that Chrysler is doing with "our" PT. I am happy with my PT as is, but have concern that our low cost 40s styled hot rod is being squeezed into oblivion by people out of touch with what's going on around them.
I hope that you continue to enjoy this site and your PT, I know I will!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

I don't think Kirby is saying he is unhappy with his car...however, he is simply stating his opinion that D-C is cutting costs in stupid areas (bolts under seat don't have a cover anymore, no cargo net, mirrors are not foldable or heatable,etc...). To be perfectly honest, the PT GT is not a cheap vehicle and I imagine that D-C makes a fair chunk of change on this model as there are hardly any "toys" in the interior (automatic temperature control, trip computer, etc...) for this price range.

I also think that D-C had two choices...either lower the price of the PT GT to make it a little more reasonable and listen to the market, or offer an additional car which is essentially identical for a much lower cost and same cost of production but "de-tuned" and keep the basically same car at the high sale price...Unfortunately they decided to utilize software to make the difference between 45HP (with the addition of a weaker gearbox).

D-C is not the only company doing this...My company sells multi-axis motion controllers for industry...the hardware is the same whether you are controlling 1 axis or 5 axis, but we program the smart card differently and charge another few thousand dollars...essentially the same as what D-C is doing. I don't really have a huge beef with it...I just wish they would lower the PT GT base price a little or offer S1 or S2 as factory options with full warranty...I'd pay double the price of the S1 if it came with a full factory warranty!!!

Everyone has an opinion and the day that someone isn't allowed to vent his/her opinion ont his board is the day that I stop frequenting it!

Cheers,

LIP
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Herschel

I guess we can agree to disagree. And not be
disagreeable about it. H.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Welcome to the PT Zoo.

Kirby
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

It's great to have guys like Kirby and Lip on this board.

You guys keep things INTERESTING. Thanks for breaking the boredom.

Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:43 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stephen R.

When I originally heard about the 'more affordable turbo', I thought like a true American male: Skip the fluff and give me the power!

Boy was I wrong.

Instead they make a 3rd motor for the not-too-spicy-just-a-little-bit crowd. It's like buying an Accord LX when you cudda had the EX for a couple bucks more and kept a satisfied smile on your face all day long. Prediction: The most popular color will be some form of non-offensive silverish earthtone.

So now comes the question: What kind of PT is it? More than likely they'll say it's a PT TURBO... but is it? No. It's an LX Turbo.
Stevephen R. has it RIGHT!![|)]

Guys see value in a sandwich without the lettice pickles and mayo. Give me the meat, and maybe not even the bread!!!
What's wrong with allowing a tuner model slip out the door? Why is it that dealers can mark up the srt-4 $4,000.00 and still sell them?
Would the croud that has $20,000 to buy a car order a "strippie PT with all the power(and a drivetrain), NO frills!!!.....[?]
You'd have to bolt the door at night to keep the buyers out.[^]

As it is you have to belly up to the bar with an added $8,000 or more. Now you are into STI and EVO territory.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 07:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ironically, Mopar used to be the primary OEM do this!!!

426 Hemi Belvidere, 4-speed, Dana 60. Oh yeah, vinyl bench seat, hubcaps, zero power accessories, 'refrigerator white' paint. Chrysler has a heritage of accomodating the racing crowd.

Now it's called the Tuner crowd and nobody is going to sit on vinyl these days, but the same philosophy applies. Chevy used to have COPO cars. They were secretive yet valid order codes that begat the 427 Camaros & Chevelles. But back in '69 there was no Internet (okay, public Internet) to spread the word like wildfire so they remained only for the people in the know. So I doubt DC would be releasing any PT stripper "specialty vehicles" without everybody knowing it.

Isn't it funny; we're just looking for less stuff. Hey wait a minute! They already did that with the Neon ACR. So it has been done! Now I'm really confused...
Old 29 Sep 2003, 07:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

I want to make it clear :

I LOVE MY PT GT CRUISER!!!!

It's the greatest...It doesn't mean that D-C is making all the right moves...they made a lot of right moves with the turbo engine but they also made and continue to make some silly moves that only really piss off the most dedicated fans...

I'll say it again...great forum!!!

LIP
Old 29 Sep 2003, 08:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Here it is,
We are arguing over very little. the cheapest model to get ANY turbo will dealer sell for over 20,000 with delivery charges (MSRP of about $21,800)Add:
$500 -Springs
$1000 -Wheels& Tires
$500 -stage I & goodies

Total $22,000

Average sales price of Base GT $25,000

Only worth the deal if the HD drivetrain is available, and it isn't!!
BUT!
Throw in a five speed availability and $3,000.00 to spend on your own idea of what upgrade means (not DCX's)......Real Potential.[^]