Advertisements
180 HP Turbo Engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2003, 06:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FRM3

3BarBoost:

Thanks for your usual competent information. Reading between the lines, could one assume that if an SVT owner were to always use high ocatne fuel and install the Stage 1 Kit with its revised PCM he might have similar results to the High Output GT ?
You've got it backwards, but yes.
Old 02 Oct 2003, 07:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

3Bar:

Thank you for the info (wanted to buy a car for my son and thought the SVT made sense if I could raise the HP and performance) with Chrysler (Mopar) products. I assume backwards means install the Stage 1 Kit with PCM and use high octane fuel? Again, I appreciate the informed advice.
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 02 Oct 2003, 07:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Mark up another new happy PT owner to: GOOD VALUE for the buck!
Old 02 Oct 2003, 08:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

I love my GT and have a Stage 1 ordered for myself. My son wants to do his own suspension work, interior, audio, etc. When looking at the PT SVT it seemed as if he might get great performance (if Stage 1 Worked) and still have 4K or so to use on modifications, interiors, audio, etc.

It is real value for the $$$ required!
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 02 Oct 2003, 08:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I agree with the previous post. We sold our 2002 Touring and bought the 2004 Touring with the 180HP Turbo. The wife is unable to operate a clutch due to a physical condition(Myastenia Gravis) for any extended time. So we needed an automatic here in city traffic. I wanted more power because the 2002 couldnt get out of it's own way. The GT was a few bucks more and had more power then she needed. So a compromise........ 180HP Turbo option. That little 30 HP really does make a difference. Now I may look at a GT for myself [8]

Dave

Cumming, GA
Old 02 Oct 2003, 08:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I am Very happy also,pushed the pedal today. 90 came very quick. Still have not smoked the tires. Must say this one is MUCH faster than the old 2002.
Old 02 Oct 2003, 08:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Not to go on and on, but when I called Mopar Preformance Line I was told the Stage 1 Kit would not work on the "SVT" turbo. Go figure!