215hp or?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Oct 2003, 05:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GTSteve

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scribs-turbo

thanks to all that replyed....i have setup a meeting with my salesman and the owner of the dealership to explain to me why one of the only reasons i traded my 01 LE in was to get the 215hp motor and nobody bothered to tell me that there are two turbo motors available...this really pissess me off
Are you serious? They told you it was 215HP???? and it's really 180HP??

If that is true, I am amazed at the stupidity of your dealer for not knowing about this.
yes i ask them a week or so after i bought the car because i have been reading comments in this great forum.[xx(] they told me on the phone it was the 215hp so i believed them. now i'm really not sure they knew what they were talking about or maybe they just hoped i would believe them and go away...THEY WERE WRONG ON THAT SCORE!!!
Old 03 Oct 2003, 05:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Depending on how you want to stretch the truth... the ONLY turbo option for 2004 in the Limited Edition is the 180 HP model, BUT it IS the same turbo engine that makes 220 HP in the GT(only in a detuned form to make 180 HP).

Relax. The first thing my salesperson told me was that the PT had fully indipendant suspension (If you don't know - a solid rear axle is not independant suspension).
Old 03 Oct 2003, 05:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

They tried to tell me you couldn't get a Turbo in a 5-speed.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 03 Oct 2003, 06:20 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:...one of the only reasons i traded my 01 LE in was to get the 215hp motor and nobody bothered to tell me that there are two turbo motors available...this really pissess me off
Sorry to hear of your problem. You certainly have a right to be upset and I hope you get it cleared up to your satisfaction. If your dealer is a "true Five-Star Dealer" (whatever that means) then he should make things "right" for you. If you were misinformed--either intentionally or because of the ignorance of the sales person--then IMHO the dealer should take back your "turbo lite" in exchange for a "turbo heavy" (less mileage depreciation) since that is the car you were told and thought you purchased. GOOD LUCK!
Old 03 Oct 2003, 06:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

I was told the GT only comes in black, good thing i wanted black!

Punch
Old 03 Oct 2003, 06:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

I had to print off the specs for the Stage 1 upgrade and the installation instructions for the Mopar BOV because my stealership knew nothing about either one. Back in the day, they knew the vehicles they sold and worked on. Makes it hard to have faith sometimes Opps, a hi-jacked thread...[}]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 03 Oct 2003, 06:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

Quote:
quote:...one of the only reasons i traded my 01 LE in was to get the 215hp motor and nobody bothered to tell me that there are two turbo motors available...this really pissess me off
Sorry to hear of your problem. You certainly have a right to be upset and I hope you get it cleared up to your satisfaction. If your dealer is a "true Five-Star Dealer" (whatever that means) then he should make things "right" for you. If you were misinformed--either intentionally or because of the ignorance of the sales person--then IMHO the dealer should take back your "turbo lite" in exchange for a "turbo heavy" (less mileage depreciation) since that is the car you were told and thought you purchased. GOOD LUCK!
thanks gary, my dealer is a 5 star dealership and has been for a long time we'll see just how serious they are about correcting their misleading me in the sale. i was going to take my mom in to buy a pt cruiser from them in the next two weeks and they know that so we will see what they are willing to do
Old 03 Oct 2003, 07:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

If I were the dealer I would check out the price of a High Output PCM!

Where is and who is the dealer? This may help you and the next guy walking in the door!
Old 03 Oct 2003, 07:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kirby

If I were the dealer I would check out the price of a High output PCM!
sorry kirby what is a pcm??
Old 03 Oct 2003, 07:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kirby

If I were the dealer I would check out the price of a High output PCM!
NOPE!

You'd tell him "its not covered under the warranty"

LOL

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe