Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
First PT that I know of that lays flat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2004, 03:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Very cool. Good install. I wouldn't drag it too much till you get the plates in there. Hope to see you around sometime. My office is in Anaheim and I live in Huntington. I would like to see that in person.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 02 Feb 2004, 09:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Dang that makes our 17s look huge!!

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 10 Feb 2004, 11:16 am
Cool Cruiser

Dam, I thought mine was low... Those little 17's and 40 series(cheater wheels ) puts your PT in the weeds.. raising the front shock towers is the trick to get the nose down that much.. I aslo am running a cylinder/bag combo..tuck'n the fronts was must may take the rear down another 1.25" if I upgrade to 20's in the rear.. currently running 19 x 8's all around.. Good Job
Old 10 Feb 2004, 03:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

Damn that looks good!!![?] I have bags and I am planning on upgrading to 18's/20's. It will never touch the ground so you won't have to worry about me do the same thing. But I am hatin'!
Old 10 Feb 2004, 03:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo

I like both of your cars on air. You have to be carefull when you go to 20's with the offset. It might tuck but it will raise your car up more.. also like I said you have to get the right offset if not it will sit on the tire. I wouldnt touch the 19's I think that looks bad azz..

Something I have tried to look into is making the front axles a little longer so when it is layed out it wont pull it out so much.. I have replaced the axles two times in one year. One time the right axel blew up when I was driving.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 05:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

I know that I can get a 20 x 8 with 42mm offset and run a 225/35-20 tire.. that should give the clearance that I need..Next would be to roll the pinch weld for additional head room. Then just modifiy my spring cups for the additional drop to give me the same stance when aired out.. planning shaving he handles and do a ghost flames in the near future..
Old 11 Feb 2004, 03:10 am
Cool Cruiser

BAD!!!! I love goast flames..
Old 11 Feb 2004, 10:25 am
Cool Cruiser

How did you set up the rear.. Did you just put the bags in the stock spring location or are you running a custom set up. You said you wererunning cylinders up front. what brand are they and how is your ride quality?
Ground Zero cylinders up front and 255c bags in rear for my set up. I also upgraded the shocks to QA1 12 way racing shock to help dial in the ride..
Old 11 Feb 2004, 10:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

At first we took the springs out and put bags. I kept the stock shocks. Now I am running a custom set up so it lays lower. I talked to the guy that helped me out and I am going to change to air strut in the front soon. He said it will give me more lift and it won't ride hard when fully aired up like the air cylinder does. He is also helping me finish my other piping project right now so I put the skid plates and other stuff on hold for a couple weeks... I hate having too many unfinished projects...

I like your ride it looks clean.. Thats how I want mine to look different but clean..
Old 12 Feb 2004, 03:03 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks, for the props.. It's a head turner up my way..Since you raised the strut tower you should be able to get the right drop with a strut bag set up.. Ride tech makes the best product out there as far as strut bags go..