Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Attack of the MINI COOPER

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Mar 2004, 11:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

I test drove both models and like them both. The S cornered like it was on rails. In the end the dealer price gouging made my mind up for me. The PT has a great following (read CTF & Block party) that i'm sure the Mini or many other cars except maybe Corvette & Mustang do not. I see a blue Mini S every now and again on my way home from work at night. He ain't buyin what i'm tryin to sell him, so he keeps tryin and he keeps gettin some of deesh [8)]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 10 Mar 2004, 02:33 am
Cool Cruiser

Was traveling up Hwy 1 along the coast, behind a few slug bug trucks when a Mini Cooper S over took me on a two lane highway and anoyingly pulled right in front of me about half a car length ahead. My wife sitting next to me loves the Mini Cooper and said, "Wow that Mini is faster than our PT." Needless to say my blood pressure went sky high... humiliated by non other than my own wife. For the next few miles I totally tailgated the rude Mini keeping about five feet distance traveling 40 mph on a twisty coastal highway. When my wife finally realised how burned I was from her comment I saw a clearing in the oncoming traffic, dropped into 3rd, crossed the yellow broken line and flew past the Mini, a sluggish Escalade, and an old beater Winnebago... Slid it easy into fourth and snapped it back into my lane just in time to beat the oncoming traffic and I was gone like a bat out of hell. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh," is all she said
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 10 Mar 2004, 02:57 am
Cool Cruiser

My husband test drove a Cooper S and the guy that went with him knew we had a GT and asked him if the Cooper was faster than our Gt, and of course the answer was a NO!!! But, he still loves the Cooper S. It will be the car he drives to work daily. When it comes to riding in style the GT is the one and only!!! We are on a waiting list, hopefully to be called in to order sometime in May, and hopefully take delivery by the fall. This dealer has no mark up. It's just the long wait to get one.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 03:02 am
Cool Cruiser

Right on Red I can dig it.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 10 Mar 2004, 02:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

I would think they corner like a go cart, low and wide.
I want a put him on my kill list, along with a Meeyaada, this nasty Honda that runs through my neighbor hood.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 11 Mar 2004, 02:11 am
Cool Cruiser

You people are way to much fun,glad someone else enjoys
a good go every now and then.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 11:42 am
Cool Cruiser

Hey good to hear you are still around, what color is you PT Culprat?
your pic looks like color change paint.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 11 Mar 2004, 01:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Onxy Green Pearl Coat, it does in the sun lite a little.
Thanks for asking.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 10:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IRPT

Rodrun, you could have really pissed him off adding, not only is my PT faster, but if I fold my seats down I can fit your Mini in the back of my Cruiser.
ROTFLMAO!!

That visual is hilarious!!!
Old 18 Mar 2004, 05:09 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Culprat

Onxy Green Pearl Coat, it does in the sun lite a little.
Thanks for asking.
Actually when I first bought my GT my friends thought it was charcol gray on a bright sunny day. I love the way it goes from charcol gray to green depending on how the sun hits it.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic