Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 707gtcruiser
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 2016, 10:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Coolant Temp Sensor Location

Hi Everyone,

I know this has been a topic of discussion before but I am having trouble location the coolant temp sensor. I have seen a few post on where its located and just cant seem to find it. I have a 05 gt auto. I have been looking below the coolant filler neck but I cant tell where it is or what it looks like. If anyone has any pics or if there are write ups that I just cant seem to find please let me know. Any and all help is much appreciated
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 11:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Coolant Temp Sensor Location

In this photo of a 2005 GT automatic, the sensor is to the left of the bleeder valve slightly behind power steering reservoir. On the turbo engines, it's going to be there or it may be further to the passenger side behind the drive belt but on the same coolant outlet flange. They appear to have made two different versions.

*** OR ****

It's behind the drive belt directly over the water pump. This may be why you can't find yours. You can just make it out at the top in this photo on my 2005 GT,

And here's one more photo showing it.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 26 Oct 2016 at 12:08 pm.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 11:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 10:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
In this photo of a 2005 GT automatic, the sensor is to the left of the bleeder valve slightly behind power steering reservoir. On the turbo engines, it's going to be there or it may be further to the passenger side behind the drive belt but on the same coolant outlet flange. They appear to have made two different versions.

*** OR ****

It's behind the drive belt directly over the water pump. This may be why you can't find yours. You can just make it out at the top in this photo on my 2005 GT,

And here's one more photo showing it.

Thank you for the photos that is a huge help. I need to get around to the timing belt this winter I bet mine is by that belt as well. I have torn everything off the top around it and didn't see it in there but it is a tight space so I just could have been frustrated and over looked it