PT Cruiser Forum

PT Cruiser Forum (http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Turbo Discussions (http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Will this computer work with my PT GT (http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66861)

shelbyzman 07 Jun 2019 09:09 am

Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
2 Attachment(s)
I am possibly wanting to get a computer programmed for stage 1. I have a 07 GT (5-speed). I was told any computer for a turbo (manual) would work regardless if it is a gt or turbo lite. The ebay listing I found a computer on shows it is for a manual and a turbo....is there anyway to tell by the numbers if this is correct?

shelbyzman 07 Jun 2019 09:48 am

Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
I went out and looked at my computer and it is: 5187760AA...the one on ebay is 5187761AA.

chuzz 08 Jun 2019 07:31 am

Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
Get in touch with Myckee. He's an awesome dude and knows more about the TIPM's than most people. He can program and sell you one at a better price than you'll find on the internet. And he stands behind his work. That's rare nowadays.

NitroPT 08 Jun 2019 11:00 am

Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuzz (Post 705094)
Get in touch with Myckee. He's an awesome dude and knows more about the TIPM's than most people. He can program and sell you one at a better price than you'll find on the internet. And he stands behind his work. That's rare nowadays.

Mykee is very knowledgeable about PT's ECU's :good:

Mykee has shown that he will stand behind any ECU he sells as a working unit!:good:

Mykee does not program ECU's himself (that I am aware of to date?) for customers,(unless he has now purchased the software and the tool needed to do it which I have not read anywhere that he has?) sends them to someone that does window sales and installation for a primary living and as a sell learned side business ECU programming. :cool:


The only guarantee to these mildly programmed ECU's is that they will work . They are a very close program to a Chrysler STAGE 1 last known update before they were discontinued? A custom ECU programming requires several adjustments and monitoring of the engine vital information one of which and most important is the AFR's.

shelbyzman 10 Jun 2019 08:10 am

Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
I think I am going to pass on the ecu right now and upgrade the exhaust first. Thanks for the info everyone

mjb457 10 Jun 2019 01:51 pm

Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
Hi All PCM's need to flashed to your VIN---Each year is specific. There is a company in Detroit that does it. Flight Systems 1-800-866-6727 does it.

NitroPT 10 Jun 2019 02:38 pm

Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb457 (Post 705139)
Hi All PCM's need to flashed to your VIN---Each year is specific. There is a company in Detroit that does it. Flight Systems 1-800-866-6727 does it.

ECU/PCM engine management computers can be VIN "flashed" with any shop that has a "pass through" diagnostic tool. We have and use it at the shop when replacing any computer in a vehicle.

BTW.... Flight Systems was the original contracted program designer and supplier of the PT Cruiser STAGE 1 packaged "KITS" for Chrysler. They no longer have the licence for offering any CHRYSLER trademark STAGE 1 PCM's . They also had to turn over all the engineering and soft ware information concerning the STAGE 1 at the end of the contract and canceled STAGE 1 program from Chrysler. The little known STAGE 2 PCM was never officially released but a few found there way out in the world of PT Cruisers.

myckee 15 Jun 2019 03:47 am

Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroPT (Post 705096)
Mykee is very knowledgeable about PT's ECU's :good:

Mykee has shown that he will stand behind any ECU he sells as a working unit!:good:

Mykee does not program ECU's himself (that I am aware of to date?) for customers,(unless he has now purchased the software and the tool needed to do it which I have not read anywhere that he has?) sends them to someone that does window sales and installation for a primary living and as a sell learned side business ECU programming. :cool:


The only guarantee to these mildly programmed ECU's is that they will work . They are a very close program to a Chrysler STAGE 1 last known update before they were discontinued? A custom ECU programming requires several adjustments and monitoring of the engine vital information one of which and most important is the AFR's.

Actually I do all the programming myself and have never shipped my units to anyone for programming...with the exception of a couple of PCM years ago to Sykes for Stage programming. That experience is what prompted me to learn how to do it myself. ��

I can erase and reprogram any factory pcm with any factory programming that will be compatible with the hardware.

I even have most of the "factory" Stage 1 (and some srt4 Stage 2) tunes for the various years and models.

I have the capability of doing custom tunes, but as I do not believe my proficiency is at a high enough standard, I do not offer this to anyone.

As far as the manual 07 year goes, regardless of whether the car is turbo or not, they used the same hardware in all of the manual cars. This is actually true from 04 and up. All are turbo programming compatible, and all are therefore stage 1+ compatible.

If you are going to buy one on eBay, get one from a manual, non-turbo, 07 car as it will have not been cooked to death already by the heat coming off the turbo.

shelbyzman 16 Jun 2019 07:45 pm

Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by myckee (Post 705267)
Actually I do all the programming myself and have never shipped my units to anyone for programming...with the exception of a couple of PCM years ago to Sykes for Stage programming. That experience is what prompted me to learn how to do it myself. ��

I can erase and reprogram any factory pcm with any factory programming that will be compatible with the hardware.

I even have most of the "factory" Stage 1 (and some srt4 Stage 2) tunes for the various years and models.

I have the capability of doing custom tunes, but as I do not believe my proficiency is at a high enough standard, I do not offer this to anyone.

As far as the manual 07 year goes, regardless of whether the car is turbo or not, they used the same hardware in all of the manual cars. This is actually true from 04 and up. All are turbo programming compatible, and all are therefore stage 1+ compatible.

If you are going to buy one on eBay, get one from a manual, non-turbo, 07 car as it will have not been cooked to death already by the heat coming off the turbo.

Great in to have about which computers will work! Thanks

NitroPT 17 Jun 2019 08:44 am

Re: Will this computer work with my PT GT
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by myckee (Post 705267)
Actually I do all the programming myself and have never shipped my units to anyone for programming...with the exception of a couple of PCM years ago to Sykes for Stage programming. That experience is what prompted me to learn how to do it myself. ��

My information that I was aware about you was old and now updated.

I can understand why your experience with having that person do a toooon prompt you to learn and do them yourself. LOL


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243