Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dyno

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Aug 2004, 10:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

thank you

but i just got a great deal on a SRT-4 but my dad's trading in hi 03 PT for an 04 GT 5spd.

Old 12 Aug 2004, 01:32 pm
Young Cruiser

over a year old, cliff notes put in 89 oct. by mistake. still got 187hp 238ftlbs stock boost
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...archTerms=dyno
Old 12 Aug 2004, 03:24 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT_Boy

I knew that Dodge cars rated their HP very close to the wheel HP (i.e. SRT-4 actually do dyno down to the wheels of their stated HP). However, I wasn't sure if Chrysler did the same practice (Parent company of Dodge).

I knew my deep down my heart that my 04 5-Speed dynoed close to the stated HP [] (Well, at least now I know for sure ).
Hey PTGT Boy, did you read the HotRod link I posted. Pretty amazing what they did internally in our motors,(crank scraper, forged connecting rods etc.) And as they said, same motor as the SRT4.
http://hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/113_0309_srt/

Don
Old 12 Aug 2004, 09:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Don't try to read too much into dyno numbers for different cars, run on different dynos, with different technicians, under different ambient temp & humidity. You will potentially see rather large differences in HP and Torque numbers.

I believe it was Sport Compact Magazine that recently did a test of dyno's (as opposed to a dyno test) where they took the same vehicle to 7 different dyno's, all different manufacturers, and got 7 different HP numbers. Remember, this was using the SAME VEHICLE, and the high to low swing was over 50HP! Yep, you read that right, the same vehicle on different dyno's showed as much as a 50HP difference.

The only time I trust, or would really even use, dyno numbers would be when comparing mods to a given vehicle. Even then I'd want to see a series of pulls in stock or "before" configuration to make sure things are consistent, and then a series of "after" pulls to judge the benefits of the mod.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 09:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange

Don't try to read too much into dyno numbers for different cars, run on different dynos, with different technicians, under different ambient temp & humidity. You will potentially see rather large differences in HP and Torque numbers.

I believe it was Sport Compact Magazine that recently did a test of dyno's (as opposed to a dyno test) where they took the same vehicle to 7 different dyno's, all different manufacturers, and got 7 different HP numbers. Remember, this was using the SAME VEHICLE, and the high to low swing was over 50HP! Yep, you read that right, the same vehicle on different dyno's showed as much as a 50HP difference.

The only time I trust, or would really even use, dyno numbers would be when comparing mods to a given vehicle. Even then I'd want to see a series of pulls in stock or "before" configuration to make sure things are consistent, and then a series of "after" pulls to judge the benefits of the mod.
Mike is a wise man!
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 13 Aug 2004, 01:22 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Cal Cruzer Posted - 08/12/2004 : 8:45:21 PM
Mike is a wise man!
Thanks, but I'm just reading as much as I can, trying to learn and cut through all the BS that's out there.
Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:50 am
Cool Cruiser

But but but but my car really really really does put down over 200HP at the wheels!

I'll prove it on the track............. one day [].
Old 13 Aug 2004, 11:49 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:PTGT_Boy Posted - 08/13/2004 : 02:50:34 AM
But but but but my car really really really does put down over 200HP at the wheels!

I'll prove it on the track............. one day .
Go to Top of Page
And if I can ever get traction again I'll let you know how your car looks putting down that HP......in my review mirror!!
Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

If I get my launches down, I'll be at your side waving. [8)]
The gloves are off! I'm going 1/4 tank of gas and emptying out my PT.

This comming August 21st:

5-Speed Manual GT vs. Stage 1 Turbo Lite.

P.S. I heard anyone that races against Mike-in-Orange get their best times .
Old 13 Aug 2004, 07:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:PTGT_Boy Posted - 08/13/2004 : 2:21:14 PM

P.S. I heard anyone that races against Mike-in-Orange get their best times .
Guess I just bring out the best in folks[8D]