Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dyno

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:47 pm
Young Cruiser

Hey Mike,

Don't beat yourself up too much bud. Just yesterday I miss dialed a phone # I had just written down 10 seconds earlier (and I dialed wrong twice!!!).

I also enjoy reading your posts and appreciate all the testing you've done and the fact that you share the results of that testing.

Aloha,
Mark
Old 31 Aug 2004, 06:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:JohnM Posted - 08/31/2004 : 4:05:22 PM

I'm curious if you've been running the VAC intake and high pressure plumbing since you had it on your car for the dyno tests. Do you think you achieve better times than other GT's with mods similar to yours but which don't have the hard intake pipes? To be honest, I'm a doubter on the benefits, but you have some very good times to show. For some reason, I believe that there's more to gain from the big downpipe and CAT than the hard intake pipes, but I have no evidence to support either of these prejudices.
John, I'm currently running the full VAK intake and love it. With that "open" intake setup you can really hear all the sounds of the turbo and the car does pull very hard now. I can easily light the front tires from a 20mph roll with the auto tranny just sitting in "D"! I have recently added Magnecor wires and regapped my plugs down to .042, which really seems to help on the top end - jumping from 65mph to 90mph is shockingly fast now, which is great fun.

As for more potential gains from, say, a 3"DP and hi-flow cat, I don't know for sure but suspect you may be right. I do think coupling that with the VAK would really be the way to go though. As for faster times than others....hard to say; everybody I hang out with at the track has Adam's intake, except for those not running Stage 1.

Quote:
quote:divots Posted - 08/31/2004 : 4:47:28 PM

Hey Mike,

Don't beat yourself up too much bud. Just yesterday I miss dialed a phone # I had just written down 10 seconds earlier (and I dialed wrong twice!!!).
Well Mark, I guess we're all a bit dyslexic from time to time![:I] (no offense intended to those who are, in fact, dyslexic)