PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 vs. WRX....................

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Oct 2004, 10:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

PVO PT,

What mods do you have?

No offense, but an STI and an EVO will SMOKE a GT Cruiser Stage 1 or not. We do not have a chance. Those cars are running low 13s from the factory.

Please explain.

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/559523/1
Old 15 Oct 2004, 12:36 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to hoopdiewagon

STIs is kinda a stretch to say low 13s....mid to high 13s on both of them. However, I really doubt that a Cruiser will be able to handle any of those.

Other note, your story is totally believeable. In fact, it sounds just like the encounter we had a few weeks ago. Same mods as you, same story. Both runs were from a stop. We got him the first time, but the WRX got us the second time (off the line). In both situations, we pulled him. We just ran out of room on the second or else we would have had it then too! Needless to say....they didnt like it too much to see a PT Cruiser gave it to them!

Kinda intersting...during both of those runs, there was another car behind us that kept our pace the entire time. At first, she thought it was a cop (she was driving BTW) but as it turned out, it was a silver SRT4 getting in on the action! Very cool! After the Cruiser and the WRX had the go, the SRT wanted a piece of the Cruiser and blew off the WRX!
Old 15 Oct 2004, 02:32 am
Cool Cruiser

HOT ROD magazine ran an STI side by side with a Cobra Mustang and no matter what they did, the STI was about .10 quicker through the quarter. I think it was a 13 flat or so, some guys say high 12s, but that's pushing it. The EVO is only slightly slower (271 hp).

That is INSANE. I never thought a turbo 4 could be so fast. Too bad they are not a good looking car, huh?

I will try going up against an STI, but I'm not putting any money on it!

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
Old 15 Oct 2004, 09:42 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

the WRX is geared low for good off the line + it has the obligatory AWD. the WRX has no top end, but then again our cruisers cut out at 120 and have poor aerodynamics.

Old 15 Oct 2004, 01:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Its easy to beet STI EVO when the guys have the wrong or no mods and they cant drive too good. Also u have to remember that on a Man GT the Drivetrain loss thru the trans via front wheels is about 13%. But the STI and EVO are around 22-23%. So I am putting down around 240 wheel hp and 320 ft lb at the wheels. Thats 271 and 361 at the crank. Why dont u compare that to an EVO STI and get back to me. Like i SAID BEFORE I HAVE NEVER LOST TO A SUBY OR EVO!!! Want proof come race me![8)]I ran a 13.26 @ 106 with a slipping clutch!!
Old 15 Oct 2004, 01:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

So PVO, what mods do you have?

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 15 Oct 2004, 01:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

-Homemade CAI and Downpipe
-O2 housing
-Stage 1
-Forge motorsport WGA
-TurboXS boost controller
-port matched upper,lower intake manifold
Old 15 Oct 2004, 04:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

It seems to me you are the only Turbo Cruiser with these mods, able to run low 13s. I am very impressed.

Will my autostick GT be able to keep up with a STI or EVO?

I didn't think so.

www.amazingarthur.com
Old 15 Oct 2004, 05:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

PVO, I'm curious if you did a flow test before/after you ported your intake manifold? 'Cause I was thinking about this also a while back. I THINK, Bob Stockum, the Hahn turbo guru, said he doesn't see much improvement with a P&P GT intake. I think he flow tests them? I'm not positive about this though. What's your thoughts?
Thanks,
KB
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 15 Oct 2004, 09:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Arthur, us Stage 1 automatic guys can usually give a WRX a run for their money, unless it's a well driven STI. Forget about the EVO - the driver would have to blow a shift for us to beat him. 5.0L Mustangs are tasty though!