Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 vs. WRX....................

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Oct 2004, 11:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey guys. My name's Danny and I drive a WRX. Don't ask me how I ended up here, I dunno. But when ever someone in our forum start to nock some other car we usually yell at them and hit them with rocks. There aint no reason to get all upity it's not like we're all assholes. Word on the forum is an STi with tbe can run 12.6 maybe lower. I forget cause I drive a WRX and reading about STi times just makes me feel inadequate. Now, you guys have the same engine as the SRT-4 right? Well I get my ass handed to me by every SRT-4 I've ever seen. I don't see why it should be different for you guys.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 11:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

By the way if any of you guys are in LA I'll be down at LACR friday night if you'd care for a friendly challenge.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 12:03 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TaylorMade

The PT Cruiser weighs 600 lbs more than a neon SRT-4. I hate the way they look by the way
2001 limited edition midnight blue PT, 17\" enkei wheels, rear spoiler,silencers removed, k&n drop in filter,MX-5\'s 1-2 burp-free shift mod, 1 10\" subwoofer, and a Dynomax muffler. (Just a 17 year old who loves his car)
Old 28 Oct 2004, 12:42 am
Senior Cruiser

Hey, icantdrive75, I don't think anybody here is knocking the WRX. Some of us are just sort surprised that we can actually be competition for one, let alone occassionally beat one. As you say, the STi is a different animal altogether!

Have you ever been out to California Speedway in Fontana for Street Legal Drag Night? The next one coming up is Saturday November 13th. Gates open at noon and racing runs from 4-11PM. We'll have a group of maybe half a dozen PTs out there.....come on out and let's have some friendly fun. I've never gone head to head with a WRX and quite honestly I'd be very surprised to beat one. I run pretty consistant 14.8 1/4 miles....you're probably a bit quicker than that. Still, it would be fun and I'd be happy to buy you a cold Coke if you beat me.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 11:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

An STI that runs 12.6? Only if modified, I would think. I believe low 13s, maybe the occasional 12.9. But, mid 12's? I'd be shocked. It would have to be a perfect driver, with ideal conditions.

Then again I recall seeing late model bone stock SS Camaros from the factory running insane 1/4 mile times, like low to 13 flatish. They call those unexplainably fast cars "freaks."

Maybe there are some STI "freaks" out there.

If someone could clue me in as to how to get a freak, that'd be sweeeeet!

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/559523/1
Old 29 Oct 2004, 12:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Seriously, are you guys that dilusional to think that your PT can even get close to a an STI, when a stock WRX can destroy you every time? Please.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 12:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

Hmmm. You must be from a WRX/STi Forum and not aware of what our cars can do, which I love.

My buddies have heavily modded WRX's, one already putting out close to 290 hp (not at the wheels), since he just upgraded his ECU. Other than that, they both changed their DP, Upcharge, air intakes, & have cat-backs. Once I change my DP & upcharge, I plan to run against my body without the upgraded ECU to see how I do. Unfortunately, mine's an auto & he can drive his stick well.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 29 Oct 2004, 12:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

So...let me get this straight.

When you get your parts installed and run against your "body"(as you put it). Which excuse will it be? His Manual Driving skills or your automatic. Give me a break. Your pounding your chest and providing excuses before your parts are even installed.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 01:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

And as for the race against the WRX....

I'm sure by the time a WRX is car lengths ahead and going 65-80 he's thinking to himself----"is it really worth the ticket, racing this PT?"
Old 29 Oct 2004, 01:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

uhavetobekidding, I beat WRXs in my 98 Neon RT at the strip all the time. And it's an NA Neon at that, no Turbo, Hmmmm.

Mike