PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PTGT - 1 , Mustang GT - 0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2005, 01:39 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hill Cruiser

Wow, that's the first scolding I've read on the forum.

Not every town in the U.S. has a local drag strip. I'd probably not ask my neighbor to drive 100+ miles to the nearest strip just to see who has the fastest car either if we had open road ahead of us.

The Frostie + Torque Steer would be a problem if I were driving but I'll assume that if Mr.2u has enough sense to buy a Cruiser, then he has enough sense to drive responsibly.

Congrats and good luck to both of you and your races, wherever they take place!
Street racing is stupid and irresponsible. Wouldn't want to drive 100+ miles to the drag strip but you'd endanger the lives of others and yourself? People who street race have no respect for themselves, loved ones and others. Open road, BS. Both innocent and stupid drivers can come out of anywhere. People get in accidents even when they are trying to drive safely. Good luck when you race? It's the bad luck that kills. [V]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 18 Jun 2005, 11:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

What are people's opinions about racing from say 0-70 in a 55 MPH zone? Assuming open road and all that.

I've done the 0-70 thing and let up at 70 and let the other guy go. I wonder if he thought he "got" me, or what.

My concern is that common sense often goes out the window in such situations and people make mistakes. Maybe you can keep your cool and be aware of your surroundings, but maybe the other guy can't. For that reason, I've stopped.

Joe

http://www.pbase.com/robinjoe/pt_cruiser
Old 19 Jun 2005, 01:03 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by robinjoe

What are people's opinions about racing from say 0-70 in a 55 MPH zone? Assuming open road and all that...
Anyway you "cut it" street racing is street racing. [B)] There are no responsible ways in which to conduct and justify this illegal activity (in most states). As Mean Green said..."Street racing is stupid and irresponsible..." Get your racing buddies to go to the track--the winner gets dinner and bragging rights! [^] [8D] [|)]
Old 19 Jun 2005, 05:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Here's to being stupid and irresponsible [^] NICE KILL MR.2U! [?]

2003 GT / Bright Silver Metallic / Bought New In 2003 / No Mods

http://www.myspace.com/irishshawneric
Old 19 Jun 2005, 06:48 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Fourgasm

Here's to being stupid and irresponsible [^] NICE KILL MR.2U! [?]
Showing lack of responsibility or just stupidity? [V]

Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:51 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Fourgasm
... [^] NICE KILL MR.2U! [?]
What's "nice" about a street racing "kill"?

Before street race:

After street race:

"The accident happened...It was midnight and

I still to this day don't know what really happened I lost a lot of memory and have many pains because of it.

Well here is what I was told what happened,

I was quote "Street Racing a Mustang cobra I spun the tires on the launch but still tried to beat him, shifted and went didn't notice that the road narrowed to one lane from two at about a quarter mile mark, and there was no street lamps or visible signs. well going I guess 100MPH they said 130MPH but I don't think so not in a quarter mile.

Well I hit the curb loosing control and spun over the center line. just at the same time a ford probe was coming in the oncoming lane of traffic and smashed into my driver side five inches behind my seat.

Destroying my car, It snapped my rear axle off,my rear hatch off, my whole exhaust system, and the impact knocked me unconscious and ripped my seat belt causing me to smash into the windshield and be thrown about the car and then ejected out of the car and onto the pavement. I was found 50 feet from the car the axle was found 100feet from the car and the exhaust system in a tree 150feet away.

Well I was hospitalized for a few weeks, however the person that I hit got trapped by his dash but only suffered a broken ankle and only spent a day in the hospital. lucky him."

Well that is how I was told it went there was no one to really know but the police. And I learned allot because of this accident. I no longer race, And whenever I get the chance

I try to help those who my tell me they have done these things and I try to teach them from my situation..."
Old 20 Jun 2005, 12:34 pm
Veteran Cruiser

WOW! Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Glad you made it out alive. People don't really know until it happens to them and the lucky ones like you live to remind us all.

Old 20 Jun 2005, 01:53 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mean Green

WOW! Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Glad you made it out alive. People don't really know until it happens to them and the lucky ones like you live to remind us all.
Hey, Mean Green, [u]it wasn't me</u>! [:0] However, it was a real situation (just one of many) that I found searching the Internet. Although I have owned both a Chevy Corvette and Ford Mustang GT years before getting my PT-GT I do not street race because, besides being illegal, as you have said, "it is stupid and irresponsible".
Old 20 Jun 2005, 02:48 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Glad it wasn't you and the person lived to tell his story about how dangerous street racing is.

Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Okay, so what are your takes on ordinary speeding on the freeway?

This thread reminds me of when my friend boasted he got his POS late model honda up to 120 in the rain and at night going down a hill. All I said was I hope your life insurence is payed up. He did not know why I was so angry with him, and he got angry with me, ah well.

I admit, I speed. Rarely, I speed excessively. Yes, I have gotten my PT-GT to 110 on the expressway but I was alone and on an empty stretch of road. I had the possibility of injuring/killing myself only. I would *never* consider street racing or doing excessive speed with passengers.

I was passed by an 05 stang that was doing 130+ during a roadtrip 3 weeks ago, on the way back... yep passed by the same exact stang. But, revenge was mine when I realized it was raining 5 min later and I knew he had his top down!