PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Project El Cheepo v2.4

Like Tree297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2021, 01:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Project El Cheepo v2.4

read about 20 pages not sure if i missed anything, but i caught a few things that i do diffrent, and wanted to let you know what ii have found,
i ran stage 1 for a high 13 and close to 110mph like 5 years agoo,
i now run 25lbs boost now and meth injection, and went threw 3 axels, its substanitly faster now with out track times,

i run 28.5 inch tires, you at some point you were 24,5 thats a huge huge difference, and alerted me to you higher 60 times, and way faster top ends, your spinning something to much, go up 1-2-3 inches on the tires, you should hit the strut bottoms at 27.5 with tire expansion, i run 1/2 inch spacers and aftermarket 8 inch wide rims, hence the 28.5 inch and streeet tires,

i can not express enough do not use type f in the transmission i worked for Chrysler 1999 to 2006 as service advisor, no body ever said to do that, i had 5 chrysler mechanics, and 2 racers one old school and one close friend that was honda, we worked on my car just as much as thouse cars.. it was noted over and over again, the transmissions were very particular to what fluids they operated on the pt.

remember i have had 3 axels, in mine,, and as well as that have knicked the axel seal like 3 times and lost fluids when driving i used just one quart of the wrong fluid and popped many 7000 codes and shifting was a nightmare,, since that mistake, i have done 3 complete drain and refills the last was 2 weeks ago, i can not streessss enough use the right fluid, and you will skip shifts less, its not for wear,, its for the hydraulic pressure to hold the clutch packs and shifting, and reduce the foaming. , i also run an extra trans cooler, and have 2 more going on, the transmsion is a weak spot on the pt,

fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLNeon View Post
Trans out. Purged the cooler lines with compressed air. The fluid in the pan is saturated with air bubbles. Wondering if the fluid was foaming and causing a poor pressure situation.
rockandroller likes this.

Last edited by turbo1013; 09 Feb 2021 at 01:55 am.
Old 26 Mar 2021, 09:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo1013 View Post
read about 20 pages not sure if i missed anything, but i caught a few things that i do diffrent, and wanted to let you know what ii have found,
i ran stage 1 for a high 13 and close to 110mph like 5 years agoo,
i now run 25lbs boost now and meth injection, and went threw 3 axels, its substanitly faster now with out track times,

i run 28.5 inch tires, you at some point you were 24,5 thats a huge huge difference, and alerted me to you higher 60 times, and way faster top ends, your spinning something to much, go up 1-2-3 inches on the tires, you should hit the strut bottoms at 27.5 with tire expansion, i run 1/2 inch spacers and aftermarket 8 inch wide rims, hence the 28.5 inch and streeet tires,

i can not express enough do not use type f in the transmission i worked for Chrysler 1999 to 2006 as service advisor, no body ever said to do that, i had 5 chrysler mechanics, and 2 racers one old school and one close friend that was honda, we worked on my car just as much as thouse cars.. it was noted over and over again, the transmissions were very particular to what fluids they operated on the pt.

remember i have had 3 axels, in mine,, and as well as that have knicked the axel seal like 3 times and lost fluids when driving i used just one quart of the wrong fluid and popped many 7000 codes and shifting was a nightmare,, since that mistake, i have done 3 complete drain and refills the last was 2 weeks ago, i can not streessss enough use the right fluid, and you will skip shifts less, its not for wear,, its for the hydraulic pressure to hold the clutch packs and shifting, and reduce the foaming. , i also run an extra trans cooler, and have 2 more going on, the transmsion is a weak spot on the pt,

fi
I run a 26" tire now, but still run out of 3rd gear with nitrous. Yes, I pitched the whole transmission that I used the type f fluid in, it never failed, but I thought it was safer just to pull the whole thing

Competition's paying the price.

03 PT GT. DSI canned tune, Weight redux, MH Racemaster Slicks/Rota Slipstream 15" 11.72at 116mph 1/4 mile
96 SOHC Neon Turbo
08 CSRT4. Realtune MS1K v1 pcm stg0 NSRT4 Injectors.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 06:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Cruiser is still alive and well after all these years of racing!!
Last event of this season is October 9th.
rcktpwrd likes this.

Competition's paying the price.

03 PT GT. DSI canned tune, Weight redux, MH Racemaster Slicks/Rota Slipstream 15" 11.72at 116mph 1/4 mile
96 SOHC Neon Turbo
08 CSRT4. Realtune MS1K v1 pcm stg0 NSRT4 Injectors.