Funny.... double response!
rob302 likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 21 Dec 2016, 09:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: '05 PT Cruiser Turbo

Gauge pod looks great! I had the three gauge pod built by them, which I assume is the one they provided the picture of. I was very happy with mine as well, and had a local shop mix me up a batch of paint that matches my taupe trim. Mine is sprayed up and waiting for install. I'm glad these guys are building these, I couldn't have done near as good of a job myself, that's for sure.
Nvizn likes this.
Old 22 Dec 2016, 12:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtPt05 View Post
Gauge pod looks great! I had the three gauge pod built by them, which I assume is the one they provided the picture of. I was very happy with mine as well, and had a local shop mix me up a batch of paint that matches my taupe trim. Mine is sprayed up and waiting for install. I'm glad these guys are building these, I couldn't have done near as good of a job myself, that's for sure.
Absolutely! I'll update the A-Pillar thread I created with these photos, for other convertible owners. You should also do the same. This is definitely the best option for other convertible owners.
**2007 Chevy HHR LS - Transition to LT - 18" Solstice Wheels 235/45 & 225/45
Old 22 Dec 2016, 12:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Just ordered the Glowshift Elite 10 Wideband Gauge. The K&N Intake was ordered earlier in the week and will arrive next Tuesday.

Glowshift Wideband Gauge
GlowShift Elite 10 Color Series Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge

Last edited by Nvizn; 22 Dec 2016 at 05:18 pm.
Old 23 Dec 2016, 05:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

The K&N Intake arrived early. It included a few stickers that I have't decided if/where to place. I'm very pleased with the craftsmanship. The install took approximately 15 minutes. The only detail I would change, would have been extending the heat-shield to the front of the intake. Between the battery and filter. When the fan runs, quite a bit of hot air appears to blow in that direction. I wouldn't know if the flow is the same, when the hood is closed.

As a side note: Instead of the traditional K&N sticker/paint on the tubing, it appears they've gone with the raised lettering. They did include two K&N stickers.

Last edited by Nvizn; 23 Dec 2016 at 08:53 pm.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 08:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Installed the new A-Pillar Pod, along with the Boost & Wideband gauges. I'm pleased with the final results of the gauge and pods. As a side note: It appears that I'm currently running at 10lbs of boost. Only tested a few times.

I also connected the fog lights. Some years back, an inspector cut the harness on the factory fogs because the fog lamp fuse was pulled. Unbeknown's to me, it was due to a faulty switch. I replaced the switch a month or so ago. A breeze to replace.

Last edited by Nvizn; 28 Dec 2016 at 09:15 pm.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 10:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

First of all... Gauges and pod look great! Nicely done. I like the a/f gauge, I considered that one myself because I like the dial design, but ended up going with the Innovate SCG-1 because of some other options that suited me personally.

As far as the "cold" air intake... good choice, I have the blue K&N setup without the "box". Don't worry about the air gap in the box. There is absolutely nothing you can do that will lower the temperature of the air charge when it gets to the cylinders. Because of the way the piping wraps around the motor, you could run that thing right through the fender and elbow it up six feet in the air and still make no difference at all. They sound cool, and like the K&N drop in stock style filter, they ensure good air flow. If you spend a lot of time in the engine bay, you might want to remove the "box" for more working space.

I saw in your build thread that you installed the Stage 1. If you are still running that, you may want to do a simple boost leak test to try to determine if you can get your boost up a little higher. Mine holds steady around 15psi through the rpm range, so you might want to look into that. A loose clamp could be robbing you of power. It is possible you have some components that are getting a little tired, but I'd try the simple fixes first.

Nice work, very cool ride you are putting together there!
Nvizn likes this.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 11:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtPt05 View Post
First of all... Gauges and pod look great! Nicely done. I like the a/f gauge, I considered that one myself because I like the dial design, but ended up going with the Innovate SCG-1 because of some other options that suited me personally.

As far as the "cold" air intake... good choice, I have the blue K&N setup without the "box". Don't worry about the air gap in the box. There is absolutely nothing you can do that will lower the temperature of the air charge when it gets to the cylinders. Because of the way the piping wraps around the motor, you could run that thing right through the fender and elbow it up six feet in the air and still make no difference at all. They sound cool, and like the K&N drop in stock style filter, they ensure good air flow. If you spend a lot of time in the engine bay, you might want to remove the "box" for more working space.

I saw in your build thread that you installed the Stage 1. If you are still running that, you may want to do a simple boost leak test to try to determine if you can get your boost up a little higher. Mine holds steady around 15psi through the rpm range, so you might want to look into that. A loose clamp could be robbing you of power. It is possible you have some components that are getting a little tired, but I'd try the simple fixes first.

Nice work, very cool ride you are putting together there!

I appreciate your input. I am considering checking for a leak. 10psi, does sound a bit low for the FWDPerformance Stage 1 ECU. I also might consider swapping the ECU back to stock and checking.
Old 29 Dec 2016, 12:20 am
Cool Cruiser

I ordered the 3" O2 housing, to bolt up to the 3" stainless down pipe. I may install the exhaust next week. With the increased pipe size, I do have some concerns with clearance of the rear axle, when laid out. I suspect, some customizing will be required.