Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Will 1000w cause trouble with lights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Sep 2009, 11:04 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Will 1000w cause trouble with lights?

Well, as asked by candyman, an update.

The lights flicker every once in a while, but no real issues. Now I want to get rid of the headrest monitors for visor monitors. (when I use my 4gb flash drive, I can't see the titles or folders of the music without being in back seat. Don't have enough people in the back seat to care.)

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 18 Sep 2009, 02:27 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Talking Re: Will 1000w cause trouble with lights?

Hey their 03GTCruiser,

Thank you much for the update! I have no idea what my Friend and Audio Guru did when I updated my System, but even with my Cap, before I redid my Trunk this last time, my light were flickering when the bass hit due to all the power I was running, and now after he did a little tweaking with my wiring, I am running more power and the light barely flicker at all! If you ever do run into any issues, all I can think of is make double sure your grounding is really good, if you ever want to upgrade your Alternator, they do make a higher output one for the PT, or a better route that most Limo's, and a lot of Audio Comp Cars use is to upgrade to a dual Alternator set up. If you ever need, I know of a couple of places here in LA that recoil stock alternators to produce High Output, and make kits for a dual Alternator set up for running huge draws of power accessories, and such, but that is for extreme cases.

As for your headrest monitors, all ya need to fix that is something like this!

See, problem solved! Then you could see your titles from....just about anywhere!

Anyways, you go easy, and keep the tunes grooving!

Go easy,

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 18 Sep 2009 at 02:29 am.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 09:43 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Will 1000w cause trouble with lights?

Thanks.

As far as the monitors, I really just want a set of visor or an indash unit, but I'm cheap. Lol.

In mu focus I had a stand alone in dash monitor hooked up to an xbox and DVD player under the seats. Unfortunately the unit was given to goodwill by mistake.

Actually noticed something odd last night. First time running around without the stereo on atleast low, and when I pulled in to the driveway and let the car idle with no accessories running and headlights off the dome lights started flickering. Checked to make sure amp was off, stereo was off and everything. Only thing was I had the door open.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Last edited by 03GTCruiser; 18 Sep 2009 at 09:48 am.