In your honest opinion....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2011, 12:15 am
Banned

Default Re: In your honest opinion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_cruzzer View Post
Wow, I'm putting on the flame suit before I jump into this thread. There's a lot of win and flame in here, and I honestly don't know what to say! There's so much to respond to I don't know where to begin. First off, I'm no expert on car audio. By no means am I an expert on it. However, I have done plenty of homework, and have talked to the best, met the best, and learned from the best in the business for car audio, and consider myself an audiophile. For one, the mopar sub is not much at all. I do like that it takes up zero room in the back, but if you're serious about any sort of sound, the mopar sub will not cut it. At all. On the Patriot forums (I have a '10 Patriot) there is a guy who fabricated a box that fits where the factory sub sits and he put a better subwoofer there, and a better amp and it was cool. He was pushing around 250-300 rms I think, and it was either an 8" or 10". Great sound for the price 'cause he hadn't even spent 300 bucks on that setup and it's friendly with your factory alternator, and if you spend your money wisely, you will get great sound quality for cheap. Now, that's SQ, if you're going for SPL like me or Sgt.PT, then you aren't concerned with the room it will take up, or the extensive modification that needs to be done to make it work. Honestly if you want big SPL numbers, and lots of trunk space, get a Patriot or a big SUV. Lots more space for the subs, and if you get a pair of 15s or 18s, that room will be put to use, because the subs use all that open space outside the box to help push on the air inside the box. But, back to what I was saying, if you want that Mopar sub, go for it. Then when you realize that you could have done better, sell it and get a small 10" that's a bit better. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having a better sub in place of that factory sub. Something like a nice good 8" or 10" that fits there and a good amp for it too. Would be nice for a daily driver. I rode in a tiburon today (I work at a Hyundai dealership) that had the factory Infinity 10" (12"?) and I don't think it even has 300 rms, but it has an amp and stuff from the factory and that was pretty nice, but it's also a hatch, and directs the sound differently than the open cargo space in a PT. In a PT, you need a bigger sub. It's like a mini SUV and has the room of it too! So if you're on the fence about the Mopar sub, just save up another 100 dollars or so, and get a nice small 10" online with a good amp and box. It's not hard to find any of this new or used for a good build. Sorry to bore you with the story, but I hope you guys learned something, and if you didn't, then at least you gave me some time to explain my views on this.
I even asked what would be a good 8 inch sub to use in place of the mopar that would fit in its setup, and have yet to get an answer.

I dont want the big bass thing, I got it on ebay for 49 bucks, I need the room in the hatch, plus I dont want the added weight of speaker boxes.

I dont know why we cant answer questions without insulting others choices.

Oh well
Old 04 Aug 2011, 12:27 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: In your honest opinion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
I even asked what would be a good 8 inch sub to use in place of the mopar that would fit in its setup, and have yet to get an answer.

I dont want the big bass thing, I got it on ebay for 49 bucks, I need the room in the hatch, plus I dont want the added weight of speaker boxes.

I dont know why we cant answer questions without insulting others choices.

Oh well
I'm sorry, I didn't take too much time to read all of it. If you want a good sub to replace the factory mopar one, my buddy has 2 Type S Pioneer 8"s in his neon and those bang with his setup. You'll need an aftermarket amp of course, which will take up some space, but well worth the space lost. I would recommend a type S to replace that one, or a type R. The type R one is extremely expensive though, and may be too much for what you want. Another really good one to replace the mopar 8" is an infinity kappa 8" sub. That thing has amazing sound quality even though the actual SPL isn't that much. It sounds super great though. I wasn't trying to put you down though, bro. It's your choice, but a lot of the time when someone goes into a bass project, they want more and more and more later. I think you should try getting a good condition used kappa and toss it in there with a good amp and see how you like it. I bet you'll be amazed with the bass. Then step up to a more SPL sub if you want like the Type S, or get a separate box altogether with bigger subs.
Closed Thread