PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Complete Replacement of Sound System. Ideas?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2004, 03:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Complete Replacement of Sound System. Ideas?

Hello all, I have a two month old GT and I'm already fed up with the stereo system in it. At it's loudest, I can still carry on a conversation. That was my cue to replace everything. My ears aren't bleeding.

I'd like to get the stuff from Crutchfield as I've bought a lot of components from them in the past and I've been very satisfied. They mention that none of the 3.5" speakers they carry will fit into the dash of the PT. Now I know you have to enlarge the hole for the dash speakers to fit a 3.5" speaker but I'm wondering about the depth. Anyone have an idea of the max depth? I noticed that some people here have the Infinity Reference in there.

I'd like to go with Infinities all the way around, spending maybe $400 for all 6 (they have a deal where, if you buy one set of Infinities, the second set is half price). A head unit for about $300 and and amp for no more than $200. Any recommendations? Please keep in mind I'd like to work through Crutchfield.

Thanks!
Old 01 Jun 2004, 04:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

WHAT ? I can't hear ya...turn it down !!

Seriously, Crutchfield is a good place to do business with. I'm waiting for a part that's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. They have some great technical folks, why not give them a call and see what they recommend while staying in your price range?
Old 01 Jun 2004, 04:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CREWZIN

WHAT ? I can't hear ya...turn it down !!

Seriously, Crutchfield is a good place to do business with. I'm waiting for a part that's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. They have some great technical folks, why not give them a call and see what they recommend while staying in your price range?
2004 Black GT, 5-Speed GT. Stage 1, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/Booger Bushings, 10mm Magencor Wires, Screamin\' Demon Coil, Chrome Accent Group, Chrome Door Handle Scuffs, Fire Engine Red Brake Calipers, Blane Hood Lift Kit, Chrome Engine Caps, 8-Ball Shift Knob, 8-Ball Valve Stem Caps, 8-Ball Door Lock Pulls, Fuzzy 8-Balls on Rear View Mirror, Joe Boxer 8-Ball Floor Mats, Beltronics RX65 Radar Detector, Airaid Cold Air Intake, AMX1397 Turbo \"Up Pipe\", Mopar Blow Off Valve, Chrome Shorty Antenna, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges.

Edward Cafarella
Long Island, New York

Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 04 Jun 2004, 11:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey I've got a Pioneer in dash CD/DVD Navigation system for sale. It has the 6.5' motorized monitor, can be controlled by voice command, remote, Nav DVD disc, and lots of extras. It is packed and ready to ship ASAP. Asking $1000.00 which includes shipping. Missy
Old 28 Jun 2004, 03:36 pm
Regular Cruiser

Did you get your new system?

I have dealt with Crutchfield and have been VERY happy. I upgraded my saturn with a Blaupunkt MP3, and Pioneer speakers and LOVE it, total price about $450 no amp needed.

I would like to do the same with the PT, and have the same general wish list as you do.

Please share if you have a system or a planned system,

Mike
Old 28 Jun 2004, 06:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Before you buy anything maybe you will consider what I have. I am selling a set of 6.5" comps and 5.25" comps. The 6.5" woofer will go in the door and the Tweeter will go in the dash. I custom made a template out of wood to hold the tweet which sounds nicer then a 3.5"
I also did the same for the rear. I made a custom template out of wood that will fit the 5x7 hole for a 5.25" comp set. It sounds a whole lot better then any 5x7's.
The speakers I have are Phoenix Gold ZR Octane and there only about a week old. I change my system about 5 times already not because I am not happy because I get bored. I am selling both pairs of speakers for $100 plus shipping for each. So that will be $200 plus shipping. I will include the wood template if interested for free. Let me know if you are interested. You can see me on e-bay with 27 100% feedbacks. E-mail at SwtNLwPT.MSN.com if interested.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/529247