Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
amp outputs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2004, 05:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default amp outputs?

I have the stock head unit with the six disc changer and Sirius receiver, not sure what the model number is, but does the stock unit have outputs to run a amp?
I would like to replace the stock speakers and get a small amp that will provide CLEAN power to the speakers. Is this possible with the stock head unit?
Old 07 Jul 2004, 05:36 pm
Regular Cruiser

no, you either have to buy a High/Low convertor or use the high input if there is any on the amp you get. some of the high end amps does not have high inputs.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/529247
Old 09 Jul 2004, 07:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I also have the stock head unit w/ in- dash changer. You can use it with an amp, but you'll have to get an EQ with seperate volume control. Clarion makes one that is absolutely awesome. Check at your local car audio shop and they'll steer you in the right direction.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 02:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Probably an RBQ radio. It does not have RCA connectors. I'm told the switching is digital. There are no wiring harnesses available to add the RCA connectors, either -- I've looked everywhere.

You can install almost any Amp that has Speaker-Level Inputs. Look for this description. Read about your options at the FAQ on Amplifiers at Crutchfield.com. I'm looking into this, too, but can't find a unit that's small enough for me to want to use. I'd like it to fit under the radio in the existing cavity near the floor, but most measure 10-in or more and there's barely 7-inchesx9-inches of room there. Bummer.

If you have the Sirius Radio option enabled, there is an ongoing issue concerning not being able to display the Artist and Song Title because an incorrect wiring harness is installed by the factory. I'm working on tracking down that info here in the Forum, too.

Guy
Old 28 Jul 2004, 02:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

i put an amp in my 03 gt with 6-disc usind schochse (spelling?) cr02 & cr02r harnesses. they plug into factory wiring and the stereo. no cutting and it has enough room behind the deck for a line out converter. good sound and only like $30 for the 2 harness. go to wal-mart and look in their car audio area, they can order them
Old 29 Jul 2004, 01:10 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Guy,

An update on the Sirius issue...still no harness at my dealer, was supposed to be here a week ago. Dealer (Rancho Chrysler in San Diego) has not returned any of three messages for him...hmmmm....can you say, AVOIDANCE?

Glenn
Old 03 Aug 2004, 11:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Maybe they'll still come through. I was wondering where we stood. I've had several people asking questions over at PTCC. Thanks for the update!

Guy

Old 13 Aug 2004, 04:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

The dealer "lost" my wiring harness order. I am still pushing, and got it re-ordered this week. I'll let you know what happens.

There is an anecdotal add now - the part number for the wiring harness has changed, indicating a revision. It may be DCX figured out they had a problem and fixed it - without notifying owners that had flawed cables, it seems.

More to come when the new harness gets here. I'm not letting up on the dealer - he already told me the parts were in stock in Illinois, so I call every day to get a status. I figure he'll get the harness here just to stop hearing my voice in his voicemail!

It's too bad that's what the dealer - and DCX - consider passes as customer service.

Old 24 Aug 2004, 08:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sirius factory wiring harness update:

Finally got a new harness in at the dealer, I went and looked at it last Friday. The part of the new harness that goes to the Sirius reciever DOES NOT have the missing wire - it is still defective.

Chrysler either isn't aware of or is ignoring this defect. I am continuing to pursue this through Chrysler Tech Support.

Glenn